Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

Would Fitbit take so long to address such an issue if this was happening to Blaze users?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep - same situation here. It has always held the charge for a week or sometimes a couple of days longer. Now it completely drops to nothing quite quickly. This week I've had two days where it shows that I've walked zero steps. I was thinking maybe it was just worn out and time to buy a new one. But glad I came out here and saw this issue. Hoping it is resolved quickly so we can all get back on track. 

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue. My Fitbit one would typically last between 1-2 weeks on charge. I've changed no settings and at doing nothing differently ano now my charge lasts for 2 days. This has been in the last few weeks only. My Fitbit one is less than 2 years old. I don't expect this sort of deterioration for a product so young

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PamF wrote:

@Subai wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I've turned off All-Day Sync and hope the battery life will last a bit longer.

Susan Bollendorff-Bailey

I did that as well and it's now been holding a charge so far. Fingers crossed 

I take it back.  This morning back to being low on juice. Boo Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my second Fit Bit One 1/12/16. For the last 2 weeks the device will not hold a charge. Any suggestions? thanks

RPE

Best Answer
0 Votes

EXACT same situation going on here!!! 😢 Hope they find a resolution fast! I'm not ready to buy another just yet! 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mdibuono wrote:

ErickFitbit: Then why are your customer service reps trying to sell new ones? Why are they not told or are these Fitbit's Best Practices?

FitbitOne users: Until they have a fix, and they've had over 10 days to do so, go into your settings and turn off all day sync. You can then sync manually by pulling the  screen down. Looks like it might be another 10 days till they fix if they fix at all. It allows more battery life.

No wonder the stock price has plummeted...Just saying

I turned my all day sync off. So far, since the last charge, I am currently on day 6 and my Fitbit has just dropped to orange today. Prior to these issues, I could get around 2 weeks from my Fitbit even with all day sync switched on, but had dropped to a few days from full charge to empty. I've contacted support as well and they've given me the same copy and paste 'suggestions' which have appeared over and over in this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe it is the all day synch setting but otherwise why does it lose charge so fast, after years of reliability?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay have they gotten their act together yet???? It's been a week and the charging cycle is still screwed up since you updated. Please get this fixed, charging every other day is a pain. It was every 7.

Come on IT dept. fix this issue, please!!!!

Best Answer
No, my Fitbit One is only 7 months old. Pretty sure this is an error with their latest upgrade. Everyone is having the exact same problem.

Jana
Best Answer

Obviously, FitBit is quietly listening and working in the background.  My ONE has now gone 2 full days and the charge is still in the green.  I can also force a sync which I could not do for the last 2 weeks.  The only thing I have changed is to turn off the All Day Sync.  Let's see how long this lasts before I decide the problem is fixed.

I am still disappointed they have not acknowledged this problem with the many complaints on both here and their FB page.  And I still wonder if the ONE is being discontinued.  Pictures of it are being omitted on the app.

Best Answer

i agree. Being a tennis player, I do not like the wrist units. I actually coach players and use FitBit to track steps. It is a motivator to keep moving your feet. I am responsible for AT LEAST 100 Fitbit sales over the past 7 years. I am on my THIRD One in two years. The batteries keep failing. I guess I need to look at another brand, it has been suggested Garmin makes a unit that can be wrist or clipped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Coach I have been researching and the Ozeri 3x4 Tri Mode Activity Tracker can be clipped onto waistband, etc or carried in pocket.  It tracks steps, distance, stairs climbed.  The only drawback that I can see is user must replace battery.  $24.95 on Amazon.   Have you found other alternatives worth considering?  I am extremely disappointed in Fitbit.  My first Fitbit in 2011 was the Ultra, the only model  Fitbit offered at the time.  I switched to the One when it was introduced.  Fitbit is now abandoning their loyal initial customer base in pursuit of the almighty dollar.    I wonder if the folks buying the new offerings (eg Iconic) are aware they may be left in the dust at some point when their preferred device is no longer laying golden eggs?  

Best Answer
I'm looking into the Misfit Shine 2.0. It comes with a wristband and a clip. It also had an alarm feature that I like from the One.
I'm a 4 year person with the Fitbit One and not too happy.

Sent from Laura's iPhone
Best Answer

My one is not synchronizing today, it is not logging steps etc. Anyone else having this problem today? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for adding here, but I am using an Apple iPad , not a Samsung, and the one was updating until today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@16heatherj  your posts were moved to this area where other One users are having problems.

Take a what moderator @ErickFitbit said in the first post here - click 

See if any of that helps you.

Fitbit is aware of the problem and are working to resolve this issue.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

So I got an email today if there anything they can do to help, I said yes fix the issue, it's still draining fast. 

This is their reply: 

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we may do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer

@Millerliter wrote:

Coach I have been researching and the Ozeri 3x4 Tri Mode Activity Tracker can be clipped onto waistband, etc or carried in pocket.  It tracks steps, distance, stairs climbed.  The only drawback that I can see is user must replace battery.  $24.95 on Amazon.   Have you found other alternatives worth considering?  I am extremely disappointed in Fitbit.  My first Fitbit in 2011 was the Ultra, the only model  Fitbit offered at the time.  I switched to the One when it was introduced.  Fitbit is now abandoning their loyal initial customer base in pursuit of the almighty dollar.    I wonder if the folks buying the new offerings (eg Iconic) are aware they may be left in the dust at some point when their preferred device is no longer laying golden eggs?  

I have a garmin vivofit 2, waterproof and battery lasts a year.  I purchased a clip so I could wear instead of wrist.

Best Answer

Thank you!  I'm going to look into that one as a potential alternative to the One.

Best Answer
0 Votes