Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One's battery not lasting on Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The battery on my one is only lasting 3 to 4 days.  I sync to an Android OS 7 device the app version 2.58..

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Dave5119 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Currently, there is a new version of the Fitbit app (version 2.59 released on October 5th, 2017). I recommend updating it.

Also, check the following tips to conserve battery life:

• Turn off All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app because it increases battery drain on both your tracker and phone:
  1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Don't charge your tracker in extreme heat or cold. 

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the Fitbit settings have changed since I've had it, except lately the battery charge seems to last less and less, I will update the app and see about the settings but since it has always been the same way all I am doing is masking the symptoms of a failing unit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dave5119 Thanks for your reply! Please try that out, if non of that works, let me know and I'll see what else I can do to help you out with this. 

For how long have you had your One?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything you suggested is done and in addition I have reset the fitbit to make sure everything is it should be.  

I have had this unit for over a year can't tell you exactly, its my third unit, I had an HR wrist unit gave me a second degree burn, also they don't measure anything when I bike.  If I place my One at the bottom of my pocket it seems to at least track every pedal revolution.

I'll make sure battery is fully charged tonight and see how many days it last.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good afternoon,

I did every thing you suggested battery lasted 3 1/2 days.

Dave

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dave5119 Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshoots! Keep an eye on your inbox for next steps.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

As per the forum moderator these steps taken last week.  After installing the new app the suggested settings were made though I never used alarms and they were never turned on.  Additional I rebooted the Fitbit unit and made sure it was fully charged.  The battery lasted 3 1/2 days.

If you have any other suggestions please advice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dave5119 Thanks for providing that information! I opened a ticket with customer support for you. They should be contacting you via email, take a look at your inbox! 

They should be able to take a closer look at your One to check what is going on with it and provide solutions to get you back on track the right way. They are great, so I'm sure it will go out well!

Let me know how that goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning,

I think your statement that I activated this Fitbit 8/15 is inaccurate.  This is the third "One" unit the 8/15 activation was the first one.  My wife also had one and it also experienced premature death.  Incidentally, I found the carcass of the last unit that perished and will eventually find the credit card charge which is more challenging. 

I think it would be more elegant to tell me to go fly a kite than to make an inaccurate excuse and try to dismiss my frustration with discount.

I'll see if there is an app that can monitor my activity since the phone seems to have a longer life expectancy than a Fitbit product. 

Thank you for looking at my concerns.

Dave

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dave5119 Thanks for your reply! It is unfortunate that things with support didn't went out the way you expected. The warranty period starts from the date in which the original tracker was set up. Smiley Sad

At least they offered a discount if you ever consider getting any of the new generation of Fitbit trackers. Maybe for the holidays! 

I really hope you getting back on track soon. Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback with the Community.

Hope to see you here again soon! 

Best Answer
0 Votes