Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One stopped syncing a week ago.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit One stopped syncing a week ago.  I have tried the normal options like resetting and changing the dongle.  I can start a sync from the Dashboard.  My unit is located and a sync will start.  The status bar will work its way about three fourths of the way along its track and then stop moving.  The sync box still indicates the unit is syncing with the rotating arrows and the wording but nothing happens. I suspect data corruption or One program fault.  I have the latest program.  Is there a way to remove and reinstall the latest program?

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @DenGo  do not remove the app unless it's the last thing you can do to make it sync. The app versions are only available for the operating system your smartphone has and Fitbit has minimum requirements. For trouble syncing - click to read this article. Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@DenGo can you please explain more regarding "I suspect data corruption or One program fault"? Are you one of Fitbit's developers or something? Have you tried from a mobile phone or tablet?

Best Answer
Thank you for your help.  I had out of state family visit so I was delayed.  My fitbit works fine.  It seems god old Century Link had a line problem that only affected some parts of the internet.  It took many people complaining before they located the problem and fixed it.
Best Answer

Thanks for the good news @DenGo  A few people I know use Century Link and don't have many good words about it. Family visits are nice. Glad you're back to counting those steps!

Best Answer

Mine stopped syncing on 08/16/21. The one itself tracks info and is working properly, it just won’t sync with the app, so I can’t track any of my steps. I’ve tried all of the usual solutions. However, since others are having the same issue and it started at the same time, it seems to be caused by Fitbit on the app end. 

Best Answer

Hi @eioghan  some phones don't play nice with the app and the Fitbit. here is the article about compatibility of the devices - click to read. As I posted above, do not remove the app unless you absolutely need to because you may not be able to download it again. You said you tried all the usual solutions, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to look at the article. click to read.

Best Answer

@eioghan if you're interested in troubleshooting your tracker, that's what this forum is here for. Instead of us burning pointless cycles asking questions, you can share "all of the usual solutions" tried so we can explore the unusual ones. I've tried doing detective work to best help but you don't have any other posts that might've shared the steps you've already tried. Perhaps share if you made changes on 8/16 that proceeded this issue happening, like did you get a new mobile or change settings on the one you have? It'd be cool if you'd share with us what platform you're using and if you've tried multiple devices to see if the problem is isolated to your mobile (or whatever your default device is, I'm making an assumption that you're using a mobile phone as your default device as we don't yet know this detail from you). The more specifics you provide, the better help you'll get. If you wanna jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon, that's your choice but it won't help you sync your One. I just synced mine; it's not the app.

Best Answer

Thank you. I appreciate the help. To be clear, the troubleshooting tips found in the manual are what I had tried prior to my post: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866.htm?Highlight=syncing

I’ve reread and followed the steps again, but still nothing. So again I’m left to wonder if something in the App itself has changed.

Best Answer

Is there a reason you are rude to absolutely everyone who posts an issue? When I say, I’ve tried all of the usual solutions. Specifically, I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting solutions found in the manual and those that had been posted on this forum for Ones not syncing. The only thing I have not tried is uninstalling the app (because the forum advised against it). 

I haven’t changed my iPhone. Nothing is different. My One is working correctly. They just won’t sync. Thank you for your time, but if you have nothing constructive to say, please keep your ‘assistance’ to yourself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@eioghan  the iOS app is best for 13 and above. Which system do you have? I'm an Android user myself. These are community forums and moderators don't monitor this area, so pretty much those who post here are trying to help. I'm sorry if you felt I was being rude to you, as it was never my intention. 

Best Answer
All is good.  Century Link had a cable problem due to road work but didn't bother to tell anyone until enough people complained.  Once the cable was fixed my One synced up just fine.  Thank you for the help.
DenG
Best Answer

@eioghan you're welcome and glad to hear you're operational again. if it stops syncing again, try turning off Bluetooth and allowing your Android to turn it on when prompted by Fitbit. Happy stepping! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DenGo that's great. Surprised your app didn't say "no network connection" as you would've known the problem sooner. If CenturyLink goes down again, perhaps temporarily disable WiFi so Fitbit is forced to sync over mobile data so you don't risk losing steps. Keep on smiling and stepping! 🙂 

Best Answer