Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My One Fitbit stopped syncing with my iPhone AND computer after the last update (Jan 17-23 was last "contact" from my Fitbit). 

I've posted before and have received ZERO response from Fitbit personnel and I am ready to chuck this piece of garbage if Fitbit cannot respond. And, I will definitely be reviewing the poor response time if it's not fixed soon. 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

My last sync was on 2/17. Now it says my Samsung Galaxy 7 cannot communicate with fit bit 

Best Answer

So my One was doing the same,  This is how I fixed it.

Plug one into charger and into USB port. Press the button and hold until you the firmware version (Fitbit 6.60) about 15 seconds. Take it out of charger and press the button until you see your steps, etc. Open app on phone and sync it.

* Copied from previous post in June

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem,my app is not updating from the one fitbit. I"m extremely annoyed!!!

Best Answer

My one won't sync either. Looking at the fitbit site, they're currently experiencing a site issue which is preventing pairing and syncing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hadn't synced since Wednesday. I tried doing what Brys suggested with no luck. This morning I uninstalled and reinstalled the app at the suggestion of a friend. It works now. Try both and see which works for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU so much, Brys! Took me a couple of days to get around to it, but this fix worked beautifully. (LOL! Took a while for it to sync over a month if data, but now up and running!

I'd already tried the "remove and reinstall app" without success--so glad you mentioned this fix!

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Stopped syncing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have encountered this issue as of February 2nd and ranted on the Fitbit Forum for two weeks at which point all my messages were deleted. In sheer frustration I did a google search only to learn that there was an iOS 10.2.1 update on the very same day and what I learned was that the problems I was, and still am sometimes, having is the combination of both update of Fitbit and the latest iOS 10.2.1 which compromised a perfectly good working Bluetooth on my iPhone 5se and iPad Air2. I've been reduced to force syncing on my iPhone only with the Bluetooth turned off on my iPad which means I can't use the keyboard which I sometimes do.

However, a tip that was given to me has worked as far as my iPhone was concerned. I can only sync with my iPhone now, and it is rather intermittent, but at least it does sync the majority of time. When it doesn't, I quit the Fitbit app and reopen it and it syncs about 90% of the time. Close enough for me after two weeks of Fitbit restarts which is very taxing on the unit

Here is what was suggested:

1. Turn off your iPad and your computer.

2. Make sure that the Bluetooth on your iPhone is on.

3. Try to sync your Fitbit with your iPhone, make sure that the iPad and the computer remain off during this whole process.

Give it a try. What have you got to lose at this point?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Brys. Your fix worked for my fitbit One which was not syncing with my iPhone or Windows 10 computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes