Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One stops counting floors when I press the button more than twice, needs reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I basically can't use the button on my one to look at my progress, because when I do, it stops counting floors! I then have to reset it to fix it. Resetting is also very difficult, I have to long press again and again (on the charger, of course).

I've got the latest firmware update and that didn't fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@arya1967 thanks for joining us and for troubleshooting this issue beforehand. Smiley Happy

You may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold your One at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button.

Let me know if this helps! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

What? How will that fix the problem with it not counting floors? The button works fine when you press it, but the unit stops counting floors when you've checked your steps/time/floors a few times by pressing the button. This reads like a random answer from a database, I'm confused by the votes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still waiting for a real reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@arya1967 thanks for getting back to me and for your feedback! I sincerely apologize for the long delay in my response. I know you have mentioned that you have restarted your tracker already, however, I suggest restarting your One several time in a row by doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Thanks for your patience and your understanding. Feel free to post back! Smiley Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes