Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One vs Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the chance to replace my One (gone ever since the 6.64 update) or get an Alta. I’ve fought the wristband trackers but am also very nervous about going through the same nonsense with the One again. I’ve patiently waited for Fitbit’s solution, none are forthcoming, using an old Zip at the moment.

Have any of you tried an Alta? Comments? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I have the Alta HR and I love mine. It really depends on what you are looking for.

But I like to be able to switch out the bands as well

But I love the One as it is the most accurate.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

It doesn't count flights of stairs, unfortunately.  And it's worn on the wrist, which I don't like.  If you get some sort of clip for it, the Alta is still considerably larger than the One.

Best Answer

I have One and Alta and wear them both. Alta is incorrect most of the days, some days it shows as much as 5k more steps than One. I work a lot with my hands and Alta counts hand movements as steps obviously. I love One and don't like Alta or any other wrist tracker. I got my Alta on sale from TJMaxx but I would never pay full price, not worth it.

Best Answer

I love my One, but was intrigued by the wrist trackers with the HR function ... honestly, I wear both (and have two different accounts so I can get the data from both and compare). I'm really not sold on the accuracy of the wrist trackers for step counting. My Charge is consistently lower and comparing step estimates to actual measurements, it seems the One is more accurate. Not sure if it's the device itself, or where it's worn (torso vrs wrist). 

Unfortunately, the One has been discontinued by Fitbit ... the only way you could actually get one now is through Fitbit (they have a stock on hand for warranty issues). There's a whole thread of unhappy customers complaining about it! Looking at the Alta as an alternative to the One ... worn on the torso with an aftermarket clip, it has some pros and cons. I just did a little blog post comparing the two (and my wrist Charge2). http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2017/12/fitbit-one-done-alta-alternative.html

Best Answer

I ended up getting the Alta and ordered a clip from Amazon. I have my Zip as a backup.

I think I’ll always mourn the loss of my One, lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up choosing the Alta, ordered a magnetic clip from another source for when I don’t want it on my wrist. Still prefer the One, but it’s a goner.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your comparison between the Alta and the One on your website, it was very helpful.  I really like having the flights of stairs counter since I actually do go up and down stairs quite a lot, so I would miss that on the Alta.  I hope my One keeps going, however....things are working great right now so for the time being (until Apple does another big OIS rewrite) things are actually working better than ever battery-wise.

Best Answer

Great comparison.  Do you have to have the sensors against your skin for it to automatically record your activity?  Seems to me that in a clip, this would not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CCStrong No special placement needed for the Alta to pick up activity automatically... now if you tried putting the AltaHR in the clip, it would not pick up heart rate. It would only do that on the wrist, with the sensors against the skin.

On my little trial, I really liked the auto-sleep tracking! My ChargeHR picks up my exercise automatically so I'd experienced that already, but I can't sleep with something on my wrist, so I hadn't been able to try out that feature there. I'd just wear my One and input my times manually in the morning.

Best Answer

I always pushed the button on the ONE to start sleep and stop it.  I am more inclined to give it a whirl.  I ordered the Nokia GO and will see how that works out, but I've sure been a fan of Fitbit for a long time.  What's a girl to do? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did my own test yesterday with a One and an Alta. I had been worried that they would give me a very large difference over the course of the day. Glad to say that they would up close enough that I'm ok with the Alta now.

I wore both trackers for 13 hours - the One on my hip and the Alta on my wrist. At the end of the day the Alta registered 30,054 steps vs the One's 29,324. Percentage Difference for this is under 2.5%. I have a feeling I could put two Ones side by side on my hip and get about the same results.

The trackers tracked some things differently and during the day they flip-flopped several times (which was expected) but in the end I feel they are close enough over the day to not be concerned about it.

I found it interesting watching the numbers while driving, the Alta counted just 14 steps in 28 miles while the One clocked 84.

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer
0 Votes