Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One won't track my steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My one is fully charged but when I press the button to check my steps  noting happens.  I tried putting it back on the charger, held down the button for 10 to 12 seconds, took it off the charger, held down the button for another 10 to 12 seconds and it came back on, the screen showed Fitbit 6.64, then showed "Steps", 0, "Floors", 0, etc.  I took a few steps and it started to count again.  Looked at it a little while later and nothing again, and when I got it to come back on, my steps were gone.  Help!!!

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the forums!

How old is it? It might be on its last legs. If restart is not helping then I really dont know what to tell you.

I have notify a Mod to come and open a trouble ticket for you

Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had it since March of 2015.  It hasn't been acting up at all.  It just suddenly happened.  I don't like the wrist fitbits.  If I'm carrying something or pushing something, I found that it doesn't calculate the steps I took.  What good is that???? I know this because I have both and used both together, the wrist fitbit always shorted me. Not to mention it's not fashionable at all!!!!!  At least with the one, I could conceal it.  I just want to log my steps and I like competing with my friends and family.  Too bad fitbit decided to discontinue One.  Looks like I will be going elsewhere for a step tracker.  🙁

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @dawbrena83! Thanks so much for your time and efforts while troubleshooting the issue with your One's display. Nice way to go!

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks so much for your help @WendyB!

I'll be around if you need further assistance!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dawbrena83  please check out the Inspire. Not the HR the one with out. You can buy a clip and its just like the one. I love mine. 

So it's an option for you once you hear from support

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks for your post. I had decided I was the only one with this issue.  I have started using the step app on my phone-- downside being I must always have my phone with me!  All I want to do is track my steps and the One was good for that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  Just like happened a few years ago when a software upgrade tanked all One users' devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @lisarkfitz  and @ecjs3, thanks for stopping by! Sorry the hear that your One devices were not tracking your steps. 

I was wondering if you guys are still having this issue? Is your One not tracking steps or not syncing to the Fitbit app? 

If the device is not tracking steps (on the tracker itself), I'd recommend restarting it by following these steps. On the other hand, if the steps are not syncing to the Fitbit app, I'd suggest to follow the troubleshooting steps at: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Let me know if I can be of further assistance, I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit,

Restarting it didn't do anything, but I saw another user recommend to re-pair the device, which worked.  Now my historical sleep records, which always seemed more or less reliable, are suddenly (as of about an hour and a half ago) completely wrong.  Anyone else having that issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the IOS upgrade the one won't record steps anymore.

Please sort the glitch out in the new application thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes