Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online dashboard and mobile appl show different values for steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
The online dashboard displays a # of steps per day with a total for the week. However, I believe it's actually displaying is the average number of steps/day, not the total for the week.
Using the week of August 21-27, 2015 as an example, my total for the week ws 100,065 steps but the website's dashboard indicates 14,295 steps - which should be the average number of steps/day.
I'd like the graph changed so that it shows the actual # of steps per day, not the average.
If this calculation isn't correct, are there any others that I should be double checking?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Family @rgreer1820! Allow me to help you. If you see your steps from your Dashboard directly, you'll get the average of steps you walked for that week. I'm pretty sure you're referring to this: 

PASOS II.png

There is a way to check your total steps for the week. You only need to go to your Dashboard, and click on Log>Activities. On the upper right corner you'll see a little calendar, click on "Today" enter your "Start Date" and "End Date". There you'll get the amount of steps you walked daily and the total for the date you entered. Something like this: 

steps per week.png

If you want to have this option on your Dashboard directly, I encourage you to voice your idea in our Feature Request board. Feel free to share the link with us to get as many votes as possible. 

Hope this helps. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Family @rgreer1820! Allow me to help you. If you see your steps from your Dashboard directly, you'll get the average of steps you walked for that week. I'm pretty sure you're referring to this: 

PASOS II.png

There is a way to check your total steps for the week. You only need to go to your Dashboard, and click on Log>Activities. On the upper right corner you'll see a little calendar, click on "Today" enter your "Start Date" and "End Date". There you'll get the amount of steps you walked daily and the total for the date you entered. Something like this: 

steps per week.png

If you want to have this option on your Dashboard directly, I encourage you to voice your idea in our Feature Request board. Feel free to share the link with us to get as many votes as possible. 

Hope this helps. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer