Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring back the One or create a new clip tracker

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I loved the One - it had exactly what I needed - it was a clip that tracked steps, floors, activity and sleep.  I have dress watches I wear for work and I don't like to wear another wristband.  Thus, the clip was perfect.  The other clip currently offered is just too basic - no stairs even?  and it's clunky.  I'm just so confused why you would eliminate the One and not the basic step tracker.  

Please bring back the One or a similar product.  Thank you.

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Hi 

The one won't be coming back, though it's still supported and possible to buy on amazon..

From dear @LizFitbit posted here

'Hi @lysa_d thanks for the feedback. Though Fitbit One is a popular product, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Fitbit One will be removed from Fitbit.com and some retail partners over the next few months. 

--<--@

Perhaps something cool is replacing the One soon? 

z5U3xKm

Best Answer

I COMPLETELY agree with you!!!!!!

The only option now is the "Zip" and that doesn't give you everything the One has and I like that I don't need to keep buying batteries.  Plug it into the computer and go.

Not everyone is able to wear watches/jewelry with their jobs or lifestyle and you have no options for those individuals. I love my One.. not sure what I will do if it ever goes kaput.  Not a day goes by that I don't have it on. 

Best Answer

Neither the zip nor the flex have step trackers. When is this “soon” that something else would come? I love the product but lost mine this summer. I saved up to buy a new one and now find it discontinued with nothing comparable to replace it. I can’t wear watches at work. And I can’t afford the discontinued market price of a replacement which is now almost 300 dollars! That seems like a huge disservice to the customers. I have loved my Fitbit since the old clip on one, I had three of those and I got friends and family into it. It’s so depressing that I am the only one without one now.

Best Answer

I totally AGREE! I wear my Fitbit One EVERYDAY!  It's starting to show wear (add floors that I've not walked up) as I've had it since 2014.  PLEASE develop a replacement. 

Best Answer

I agree with you all completely!  The Fitbit One was the perfect mix of everything and so easy to wear with any outfit.  I do not want a wrist tracker because most count arm movements as steps sometimes.  My friend has proven that in the gym and at her desk.  It is not as accurate.  I have been trying to find a replacement for my lost One with no results.  Fitbit, will you be replacing the One with a comparable model?

Best Answer

I agree 100%. My One just died after being accidentally put through the washing machine and Fitbit offered me a 25% discount on a new tracker as I was out of warranty. This was a good offer at the time but it now turns out I can't choose the same model. The Zip is too basic (no floors, backlight, activity/sleep tracking, non-rechargeable battery) and I don't want a wrist-based tracker.

If 'streamlining' was really the reason, it would be more logical to oust the dated and featureless Zip, wouldn't it? My suspicion is that they no longer want us using a device that no one else can see because a wrist-based tracker is free advertising for them. I bitterly hope I’m wrong and that a new clip tracker will be released in the near future but I get the feeling that us loyal One fans are going to be left in the lurch 😞

Pleeeease, Fitbit, bring it back or offer a viable alternative!

Best Answer

My hubby is gutted as his tracker just died....he doesn't need another thing to wear on his wrist...we'll need to find an alternative. TBH I've been falling out of love with Fitbit as a whole with the inability to sync first time (either phone app or pc) ,the phone app updates killing off my exercise goals every time, then *having* to restart the thing with the latest update.

Best Answer

Being removed?!? Is this why it’s just not working right? The battery drains in 2 days, or less, and my phone app can’t find it, keeps looking for it. I like the One and would like to keep it,don’t want anything else. 

Best Answer

Sadly yes, it's been discontinued with no announced plans to replace with an equivalent model. I've seen lots of people having issues since the latest iOS update and suspect they're effectively forcing us to 'up'grade.

Bad move. I'll be taking my money elsewhere. 

Best Answer

Thank you, pussinboots!  I LOVE my ONE!  I have worn it every single day, pretty much all  day long, unless showering or swimming, since my husband bought it for me when it first came out.  When my first One was dying, my husband surprised me with a second One.  I have used it to lose weight and keep the weight off.  It is a part of living a healthy lifestyle.  I am not an athlete, so I don't want to scream "look at me, I'm counting my steps"- but I have found a healthy way of life, due to my fitbit One.  

I am struggling with the syncing issue that it seems everyone is having, and I went online to buy a 3rd new One, and just learned that they have discontinued this product.  I am extremely frustrated.

I have loved fitbit, but it is because the One is so easy to wear.  I don't want the Zip- it doesn't count stairs, it doesn't have a sleep function, and I don't want to mess around with replacing batteries. But it is round where the One was sleek.  It was worth the extra $40 to have the functionality and size differences between the Zip and the One.

So, fitbit, I am going to research other products.  It is very, very disappointing to see that in a sea of bracelet style/ wristband style activity monitors, you decided to kill the one product that offered supreme functionality, was discreet enough to wear EVERYWHERE, and that people like me would buy over, and over, and over again.  If you want people to scream--look at me, I'm wearing a fitbit One, then you could have made a cute pendant for it, but you didn't.  

Please, I beg you, bring back the One- Or make another product that is sleek enough to clip onto a bra strap and wear under clothes for those of us, who were very very loyal fitbit customers.  I have some suggestions for the new clip on product:  Slim, sleek, rounded oblong shape, able to be recharged with charging cable, able to count stairs and sleep habits, and fits nicely into a silicon clip.  That's all.  

Best Answer

Yes, me too.  I am researching the Jawbone Up, which tracks steps, but needs a replaceable battery.  Misfit Shine 2, and the Withings Go.  I found out that the One was discontinued when I trying to buy my 3rd One, and I'm so frustrated, I will probably buy something different rather than settle for the Zip.  

Best Answer

Yes, yes, yes.  

I wish they had killed off the Zip, instead of the One.  I agree with the whole "cant see it" rationale, that is my belief as well, but clever marketing could have made that a win-win, instead of a loss for loyal users. There was a place in the market for a tracker that had all the bells and whistles for those who seriously want to track steps, stairs and sleep, but who need to wear it discretely.   

Best Answer

I completely agree with your phase out assumptions. Feature wise, I think it is much more logical to keep the One than the Zip.

clhmms
Best Answer

I recently lost my One. I don't want a wrist tracker because I have a nice watch and every hour of my day does not revolve around fitness. So if they don't release the One then I am going else where. So disappointed in Fitbit company! Smiley Sad

clhmms
Best Answer

I agree. My Fitbit One battery has recently been good for just a couple of days. It used to last for at least a week. And, I would get an email when it was was getting low. Today, the battery died at work. I did not receive an email.

There is no other Fitbit that does what the ONE does.

Best Answer

I too am a (relatively new) Fitbit user who does not want - at any price - a wrist-strap model. As and when the device I currently have completely falls over, I shall take my custom elsewhere if Fitbit have not replaced the One with a comparably discreet and reliable model (the Zip certainly isn't it).  I can't understand why Fitbit has this plethora of models to wear on the wrist - to me, each new one seems to be uglier than the last - and yet are reducing the clip-on 'range' to one model that is so basic as to be laughable.  Perhaps they do want their customers to do a lot of free advertising for them. 

Also, I am not much of a one for conspiracy theories, but I do find it interesting that the battery draining issue with the iOS update still hasn't been resolved after some weeks; perhaps they really are trying to push us all towards the other models.  Well, it's not going to work with me.

The One I have had been doing exactly what I wanted it to for sixteen months, but since an iOS app update on 10 October the battery life has been pathetic.  At first I didn't realise what had happened; I just noticed that suddenly the battery would drop its charge to orange in two days or less, instead of the more usual four or even five days.  It was only when I came in here that I realised what the problem probably was.  I phoned Customer Services earlier this week for advice, and I am now 'testing' to see whether the problem I have is a battery capacity issue, or a software issue.  All I can say is that, having followed the instruction to allow the battery to run down completely until the device switched itself off (which only took just over three days) and recharged it, I now have a new problem, where flights of stairs are being massively overcounted.  As in, on a day with very similar activities last week I clocked up 20 floors.  Today, the total is 213.  Completely ridiculous.  Time will tell on the battery, but I have been told to keep the 'all day sync' off and only to sync 5-6 times a day.  Well, that's not happening.  I like to keep track of where I've got to in my daily targets to be sure to give myself enough time to meet them, so I need to sync much more often than that.  I have tried resetting the One this evening and we'll see what happens about the floor count tomorrow, but so far it's not impressive.

Best Answer

The clip is perfect and I need stairs and steps. Please bring back the FitBit One or equivalent product.

Best Answer

Fitbit, please bring back a discreet clip on tracker that tracks steps, miles AND FLOORS.

Best Answer

I don't wear anything on my wrist.  Please start producing the Fitbit One again.

Best Answer