Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring back the One or create a new clip tracker

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I loved the One - it had exactly what I needed - it was a clip that tracked steps, floors, activity and sleep.  I have dress watches I wear for work and I don't like to wear another wristband.  Thus, the clip was perfect.  The other clip currently offered is just too basic - no stairs even?  and it's clunky.  I'm just so confused why you would eliminate the One and not the basic step tracker.  

Please bring back the One or a similar product.  Thank you.

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

I have had and loved my fitbit one since 2014. I don't like the wrist trackers and the Zip is far too basic (no stairs, sleep) for me. Unfortunately the battery life on my fitbit is finally starting to dwindle after almost 4 great years. I would replace it in an instant if the One were still available, and I am so very disappointed that it is not. I really hope Fitbit brings back to the One or something nearly identical, otherwise I will start looking at other brands 😞

Best Answer

I've been a Fitbit user since 2010, when the Ultra and then the One and Zip were the only options. I do wear at Charge2 now, but I still wear my One as well (I set up two different accounts). I just don't think the wrist trackers have the same accuracy.

I always like to have a backup ... as I am addicted to my Fitbit feedback, I recently experimented with the Alta in a 3rd party clip (my son has an Alta and I borrowed if for a few days). It is almost exactly the same size and look, works just the same clipped to a bra or pants pocket. I put a picture of a One and Alta in clips side-by-side on my blog (http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2017/12/fitbit-one-done-alta-alternative.html).

The Alta does NOT have floors ... and I know that is a huge deal for many. I like the stairs feature but I can live without it if needed, which it looks like it will be when my One is done. The Alta has a couple features that actually are an improvement over the One (auto-tracking of exercise and sleep is awesome). If the floor feature isn't a deal-breaker, then the Alta really is an acceptable alternative (the basic, non-HR model often sells for $99 which is the same price point as the One).

Best Answer

Yes a friend of mine tested the Alta for me against the ONE and it is no comparison for accuracy.  So sad to see Fitbit abandon the ONE.  I absolutely detest wrist worn devices and I certainly am not going to sleep with one.  

Consequently, I have ordered the Nokia GO.  It doesn't do stairs, but it does have a sleep tracker and will synch with my scale and Health Mate app (which is really good).  It is only a $50 risk.  Stairs I will have to count on my own.

Best Answer

@CCStrongdid your friend wear the Alta on the wrist, or on the torso in an aftermarket clip? I wore the Alta and One side by side for a few days and found the step tracking to be quite close ... much more so than my Charge2 worn on my wrist. My experience indicated it's where it's worn ... not the device itself that is inaccurate.

Best Answer

She wore it in her pocket to mimic the clip.  It is encouraging to see you have found more consistency.  But really, what does the Alta DO?

I want steps, stairs, & sleep on a clip on.  As far as I know, the Alta only does steps and sleep but even that I'm unclear about.

Best Answer

I ordered a Nokia GO which does Sleep & steps and synchs with my scale for $50 and it comes with a clip.  It isn't the ONE, but at least it gives me the information for half the price of the Alta (before the 3rd party clip is purchased).

Best Answer

The Alta doesn't track floors as you said, but does track steps and sleep ... in fact in a step above the One, it auto-tracks both. You no longer have to start/stop the timer or input sleep times manually, it's done automatically (as does my ChargeHR ... but as you said, I can't sleep with something on my wrist, one of the reasons I kept wearing my One after getting the Charge). Exercise too ... go for a walk, or elliptical, or Zumba and the activity shows up without having to start/stop the timer. I still time my walks and Zumba with my One (and LIKE being able to see the timer counting up to see my time, the Alta doesn't do that, although my Charge can) but didn't bother with my elliptical sessions  (I do three 20min ones most days). I like how the Charge captures those (and other activities) automatically.

The Alta will give you reminders to move ... helpful if you are trying to hit your 250 steps an hour goals. If you haven't hit it, it will buzz and tell you how many steps you need and how much time is left (usually about 10 minutes before the hour ends). Small thing ... but fun.  Like the One it has silent alarms ... I LOVE these, although I do utilize them on my Charge on my wrist over my One on my bra (easier to quickly turn off on the wrist).

So those are just a few of the things I noticed on MY experiment ... missing the floors and timer, but other than that I felt it was quite similar to the One, with added auto-tracking.

Best Answer

Well I'm intrigued and thank you for your response.  I don't really use the timer other than setting my sleep.  Does the auto sensor work in a clip or do the sensors have to be against the skin in the wrist configuration?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CCStrongI think the auto-sensor is internal. Nothing needs to be against the skin (unless you are using a heart rate model, that does require skin contact to track that). It's really interesting how the Fitbit can tell the difference between a walk and a run or the elliptical ... although sometimes it does register something incorrectly or non-specifically. My Zumba is recorded as "aerobic activity" and my son's basketball playing records on his as "sport". My lawn mowing is recognized as "outdoor bike" for some reason. You can go in and change the label easily though, and I do (I created personalized labels for different zumba instructors/classes even). It's nice when the Fitbit catches something maybe you weren't specifically doing as a "workout" ... a walk, or when I practice some Zumba songs on my own.

Best Answer

Thanks that is very helpful.  I may bite when my ONE completely dies (my battery issue seems to have resolved for the time being).  I'll be checking out the GO and seeing if that is a reasonable substitute.  Sigh, when did we become addicted to trackers LOL.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s me I can’t wear anything on my wrist which makes this very difficult I’m hanging onto my fit bit one as long as I possibly can. Come on let’s create something similar will you? a pedometer like the zip can be purchased anywhere and is not necessary. 

Best Answer

I totally agree with you!

I have a One and I love it! I specifically chose a non-wristband tracker because I don't like having the tracker on display and I think wristband trackers are likely to be less accurate, as they tend to erroneously record arm movements as steps.

I am very disappointed to learn that the One is the be disc, with no equivalent replacement product. 

Best Answer
Zip battery cost are prohibitive.
Best Answer

I started wearing a Fitbit when it was first brought out before most people had even heard of Fitbit. I have been wearing a Fitbit One and if the company does not make something comparable to it I will need to look else where for something that tracks my steps. I had a wrist Fitbit but didn't like it because it didn't track my ALL of my steps. When I was grocery shopping it would not track any of my steps because I was pushing the grocery cart!  PLEASE BRING BACK THE ONE!! I will not purchase a ZIP because it doesn't offer the features that the One has/had. I like tracking my sleep and seeing how many floors I have walked. I do not like wearing a watch of any kind so would like something that clips to my belt or that I can put in my pocket.

Best Answer

I have the One, and I absolutely love it. Bring this back, and offer a better clip and possibly a wristband! 

Best Answer

No kidding. My One had to be retired (kept having to reset it). I got a Charge 2 since it's the 'smallest' tracker that counts floors. It is erratic when counting floors, especially in the morning when it refuses to count 2 or 3 before finally waking up. 

As you mentioned, it's not very reliable on counting steps either. It was amazing how many steps it recorded while I was sitting on the couch crocheting an afghan.

If, as someone has commented, Fitbit insists on going full-on wrist trackers because they advertise the company, maybe they could make an upgraded One that is so attractive it could be worn on the outside of clothing. Really...it seems they care less about fitness and more about being seen in the same realm as Apple (and its ugly 'Dick Tracy' do everything watches).

Today I come up with an ersatz solution. When I bought the Charge 2, I also got a stainless Milanese bracelet to ‘upgrade’ the look a bit.

By removing the magnet end from the Charge 2, I can thread the band around my bra strap and secure it with the magnet. It’s not exactly an elegant solution but it’s actually more accurate with the Charge 2 tucked into the bra.

It counts floors properly and doesn’t seem to care that I live in a standard style house. I do not have 10 feet from one floor to another.
It counts steps, not arm movements. (Worn on my wrist, it counted thousands of steps as I sat on my couch crocheting an afghan).

Charge 2 with stainless band.jpg
I can now go back to wearing my regular waterproof watch.

Best Answer

They're now going for $150-$200 on eBay. *sigh*

Best Answer

Lol, I too had one that did not survive the washing machine (unless it was the dryer that killed it) and one that did not survive being run over when it fell out of my pocket in the parking lot.  I'm keeping careful watch on my current One and hope it doesn't die.

The flex is a module that comes out of its band and I see they make after market clips for it including the ability to wear as pendant but no display and no altitude.

Best Answer

Pretty innovative in your part!  Yes if my Fitbit One dies (or I should say when), I would probably by a Charge or Alta and try to jury rig it so I could have an option to clip it.  The Ionic looks slightly intriguing but I'm not interested in wearing anything on my wrist that cannot always show the time.

Best Answer