Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring back the One!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of the options by every fitness provider now is a watch - everyone is following the same path and needing to add more and more technology and style options to the wrist.   Fitbit had a differentiated product already with the One - please bring it back!!! It was the only product that wasn't on the wrist which is something I valued,  it was reliable with the laptop and app syncs - and provided a good basic level for someone to upgrade to a watch.  

Please bring back the One !!!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I too would like to see the One brought back.  I'm still using it, although it is not holding a charge like it used to.  I have a Charge2, and I hate it. Something to do with the power bothers my skin, so I cannot wear it for very long, and the worst is that if you are holding on to something such as a shopping cart, it does not track your steps.  I bought my elderly Mother one, and she noticed that using her walker it did not track her steps, had to send it back.  When I told them why I needed to return it, and that it was not tracking, the person I spoke with was "surprised" to hear that.  Really...something you should probably tell people when they are purchasing.  Also, since I have a very nice watch, I don't want to replace it with an ugly fitness tracker.  I don't care how nice the band is, not something that I want to wear on my wrist.  When I One dies, I will be done with Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

You can use the Inspire (not HR) the same way.They sell a separate clip for it to wear just like the One had.

Best Answer

I just lost my One today.  I'm devastated!  I will not  buy anything that attaches to my wrist.  The One was simply the best device Fitbit made.  I'm sure Google has no interest in it since it was discontinued before they bought Fitbit.

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.
Montgomery Scott
Best Answer
Oh wow I feel for you!!
Do you know where you lost it, a friend of mine was able to locate hers
using an app that picked up on the signal, as you hunt around for it - the
android app worked better than my iPhone but we managed to isolate it to a
small area, in the long grass. Hope you might be able to back-track and
find it! Best of luck x
Best Answer

Well, I was working outside just after the last sync, planting some bulbs before the weather hit.  Then I drove to the library and two grocery stores.  When I got home, I put the groceries away, then went to change clothes and that's when I found it missing.  I used the Bit Finder Geo app, which has worked well for me in the past, and went all over my property with it.  If it had fallen out of my penny pocket while I was planting the bulbs, I would have thought the Bit Finder Geo app would have picked it up there.  But no luck.  
Apparently, you can get one on Amazon - for over $350!!

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.
Montgomery Scott
Best Answer

I totally agree. I do not want to wear anything on my wrist.  The fitbit ONE was the best!  Mine is slowly dying - it won't sync anymore unless I completely delete it and add it back and I'm not sure that will work this last time it has died.  As much as I hate Apple, I may have to look into what they offer that does not go on the wrist.  If nothing else, I'll have to put it in a pocket or stuff it in my bra!

Best Answer

YES YES BRING BACK FITBIT ONE!!!!!! It's was also the best with Tracking my steps and miles for sure, they need to have better update and seem they Do Not!! my charge 3 doesn't track my miles , only had it's for 8 months, I Went Back and found my FITBIT  ONE, Hope and Pray it's keep working...............

Best Answer

I don’t want to pay for the Inspire, then have to pay an extra $20 for a clip. If they threw in the t he clip for free, then maybe I’d consider it. 

Best Answer

Pretty good clips for the inspire at 6 or  7 dollars, but your point stands. They absolutely should have a clip in the box included. 

Best Answer
I did not know that a clip was available! I just checked it out - I hope
my ONE lasts a while longer but it is good to know that there may actually
be an alternative to wearing it on a wrist! Thanks!
Best Answer

I too am still using my One from many years ago, but in the event I need a new one it's good to know this is a pretty similar alternative. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@momice   The Inspire has a lower price point.  When not on sale, an Inspire plus a clip is the same price I paid for my One in 2013.  The Inspire does not count floors.  But is has SmartTrack, a feature not available on the One.  A fair trade off.

Both the Inspire and the clip are on sale in the Fitbit store.  Right now about $75 for both.  And there are good third party clips for less than the Fitbit's regular $20.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't agree more. I don't want to wear a watch. I have an attractive one already which I like and I can see without having to shake my wrist! I don't want to wear two. The One is convenient and discreet. 

Best Answer

I'd really like the One back too (or better still, an adequate upgrade). The inspire doesn't count stairs, which I need, and aside from my skin being too sensitive for wristbands, they're just not as accurate as clip-ons. I don't need heart rate monitoring or fitbit pay, or alexa or any of that rubbish. I just want a decent, dependable and accurate tracker that also tracks stairs and doesn't have to be worn on the wrist.

The One was the perfect product for me, and I've been wanting to replace it for a couple of years now as it's getting a little wonky, but there just isn't a comparable product to be found.

Best Answer

I’ve had the Apple Watch for a couple years but the one seems to work way better than Apple Watch. I just put my one in pocket with my money. Bring the one back

Best Answer

I totally agree with you.  I don't like something on my wrist, especially the silicone bands.  I also like the stair counter on the ONE.  Mine is 4 years old now, and is not holding a charge more than a day, so guess it is dying.  

I just purchased the Charge 3 (hasn't arrived yet).  Hope it will do what I want.

Best Answer

I feel the same way you do about the One (mine died about a year ago).  Also ordered the Charge 3 this weekend (under protest) but haven't received yet.  Interested in knowing what you think about the Charge 3 in comparison to our beloved One.

Best Answer
Hi, I don't anything about the Charge I'm afraid  as I bought the Fitbit Inspire HR while it was on offer as I can clip it to my bra and so don't have to wear the wrist band. :)Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

The inspire is poor quality for sure. It does not log stairs and the sleep records are a joke, they are NEVER correct!

Best Answer

I like the ONE, the inspire is a piss poor substitute. The quality is horrible and it makes me regret my purchase daily.

Best Answer