Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring back the One!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of the options by every fitness provider now is a watch - everyone is following the same path and needing to add more and more technology and style options to the wrist.   Fitbit had a differentiated product already with the One - please bring it back!!! It was the only product that wasn't on the wrist which is something I valued,  it was reliable with the laptop and app syncs - and provided a good basic level for someone to upgrade to a watch.  

Please bring back the One !!!

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

I bought the clips on Amazon but the Inspire is terrible! It does not log stairs and the sleep recording is a joke. It is never accurate.

Best Answer

I loved my One!  Bought the Charge 3 after it stopped syncing.. what a pain.  I actually like the features better, but I do not like that  have to wear it on my wrist.  I have been looking for a clip, but one is not available.  So far that is the only down side.

Best Answer
I finally got my charge 3, used it for a couple days, then packed it up and
sent it back.
Very bulky, hated the way it felt on my wrist. Bad when there is a warning
saying not to wear the band every day due to irritation, etc.
Since Fitbit is not fulfilling what I need, am looking at other companies
that offer something different.
Best Answer

Agree. The One is a great product. Bring it back!

Best Answer

@steve2039 this is a user-supported forum, your comment will be viewed by you, me, and others who agree, we like the One. You can likely go to Support and encourage them to "bring it back", but sadly, nobody here has that kind of power. Good luck!

Best Answer

Like you, I reluctantly use the Charge 3 now.   I was given one as a gift.  Though I appreciated the gift, I am pretty ticked off that I can't get a new replacement for the One.  Charge 3 has the functions that the One has, plus heartbeat.  But there are a few things that I don't like, some are more annoying than others.  In order of annoying (for me personally, realise for others it will be different):

1. Thick watch style that is ugly, catches on clothing and is awkward under work suit sleeves

2. Silent alarm has only 1 short snooze; the One had 4.  And the new sound bugs me, it's more "tinny"

3. Seems I can only sync with my mobile, desktop app doesn't work.  I sync each night before bed. (If I don't sync each night, sometimes the alarm just won't go off.  While I was traveling the hotel wifi would sometimes shut down and I didn't get an alarm - lucky it wasn't a work trip!

4. Recently had a very mild, short reaction to the silicone band (hasn't come back since taking it off for a day though)

Good luck with your Charge 3, hopefully like me you can get by with it (though under protest in comparison to our beloved One!) All the best

Best Answer

I agree. It has been years and I am still furious they took The One away and had nothing else similar to replace it! My One is hanging on, but it's going to die here soon. I have to charge it sometimes daily, sometimes I can get a day or two. Obviously there is some financial reasoning that led to this decision, but it still sucks for me, the consumer. When my One dies I think that's it. Maybe another brand has a version I can clip to my waist? I haven't heard good things about the Inspire version when you clip it to your waist.

There are obviously a lot of us out there who want this! Why are they ignoring us? They discontinued it years ago and we're still being very vocal about it. I want to be able to count flights, steps, sleep. I don't need the bells and whistles of what comes with the wrist versions. I loved the simplicity of The One. I just clip it on my pocket and I don't have to think about it all day. I just prefer not to wear anything on my wrist. Boooooo Fitbit! Booo!

Best Answer
Yes, me too. I don't like wearing things on my wrist but that seems to be
the wave of the future. Bring back the ONE!
Best Answer

@bookthief as consumers, we can only speculate as to why Fitbit has discontinued the One and the Zip. The Zip was replaced with the Inspire (plus clip). One basically ended. It's quite possible that Fitbit had issues with their manufacturers or patent issues, or something else entirely. Fortunately, they're still allowing the Ones (and Zips and other old/discontinued trackers) to connect to their system! Personally, I'd replaced my one battery after it sat dead for over a year. Cost me $15 ($10 for battery, $5 for a soldering iron) to upgrade and now getting close to two weeks out of a charge. My Zip I purchased new on eBay for $25 last year. If your tracker dies you can always use your phone with mobile sync until you replace the battery or get a new one. Good luck!

Best Answer
Actually no I can’t use my phone. My Fitbit is linked to my company’s wellness software. If my Fitbit isn’t working I get no steps and if I get no steps I get no points. And if I get. I points I get no money in my HSA account. So it is vitally important that my Fitbit works

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Absolutely Bookthief! Like you I try to reason that there may have been a
financial reason for it to be discontinued. But wow if there are still
this many of us (proof is all of the posters just in this little thread,
even 2-3 years after it was discontinued...) I have to believe there is a
viable case for it - especially with no other alternative product (yet)
that any of us can find.
Please bring back the One!
Best Answer

I'd like to see the Fitbit One return as well.

First off, I can't always wear a watch/Fitbit or other fitness watches due to where I work OR in the winter, I've actually wrecked Fitbits due to shirts and coats pulling on the bands.

Also, with some activities I do, I simply can't wear a watch-like item and the pocket item works far, far better.  I'd like to see the One return as do some others.

Best Answer

My One is not working correctly anymore. The screen keeps going black and it loses time by hours so not even sure if it is tracking everything any longer. What is the best option for a replacement? I need the stairs feature. I usually do 30-45 floors a day and walk 5-9 miles. I think I just wore it out. No phone here either. I cannot stand having anything on my wrists. I work with a torch and garden a lot. Plus, if I had it on my wrist the results would not be accurate because I am always moving my arms. The ONE was perfect to keep in my jean pocket.

Best Answer

Can you remove the inspire from the band and just use that in a pocket? Would that work?

Thanks

Best Answer

You can, but many people have noted that it doesn't work as well and it still doesn't have the same features as The One.

Best Answer

I only care about the floors, steps, miles, time and the timer so I can track my sleep, walks and projects. If it works for those then it might be a good option for me. I've never used the clip that came with mine and always just had it in my jean pocket. What doesn't work on it? Thanks so much! Mine lost time while replying to this already.:(

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, seems like the most recent update messed up my ONE. Coincidence? UGH more like sabotage.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes you can if you put in a clip - a bit like the one. But the Inspire doesn't do stairs :(Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Hi Lizzibeee,

I must be reading things wrong then because it lists Floors as a feature on the Inspire product information page. I don't need it in a clip. I just keep it loose in my pocket. So you know for sure that it doesn't do the floors? Maybe they updated and added that feature? I'm going to try rebooting my ONE and see if that helps. It's driving me crazy right now though with the losing time bit. I can't trust anything it is displaying right now.

Thanks so much!

Best Answer

It does not do floors. I bought the inspire a few months ago. It also does NOT do sleep-it says it does but mine is WRONG every night.

Best Answer
0 Votes