Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring back the One!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of the options by every fitness provider now is a watch - everyone is following the same path and needing to add more and more technology and style options to the wrist.   Fitbit had a differentiated product already with the One - please bring it back!!! It was the only product that wasn't on the wrist which is something I valued,  it was reliable with the laptop and app syncs - and provided a good basic level for someone to upgrade to a watch.  

Please bring back the One !!!

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Hi WYmom,

That's terrible. Why would they advertise that it does something that it does NOT do? They would be better off not listing any features at all.
I restarted my One and it is still wonky. I know for a fact that I have gone up and down the stairs over 20 times already yet it shows 1 floor on the display. Usually one floor equals 2.5 staircases for our house. I have been running back and forth all day updating computers between the basement and second floor. The one major difference restarting made is that it returned my previous dashboard look. A few days ago I stopped using my old laptop with Windows 7 and have been using a different one with Windows 10 now so think that must have been a trigger point for the wonky behaviour. I'm ready to go back to an old fashioned stopwatch, pedometer and a watch at this point. Thanks so much for all the help.

Best Answer

My wife has an Inspire and it does log sleep, but does not not logs stairs.  The sleep is automatically recognised, along with other movements.  This auto recognition failed on her first Inspire, so Fitbit support sent her a replacement, which appears to be working OK now.

Best Answer

I too would like to see the One brought back.  I'm still using it, although it is not holding a charge like it used to.  I have a Charge2, and I hate it. Something to do with the power bothers my skin, so I cannot wear it for very long, and the worst is that if you are holding on to something such as a shopping cart, it does not track your steps.  I bought my elderly Mother one, and she noticed that using her walker it did not track her steps, had to send it back.  When I told them why I needed to return it, and that it was not tracking, the person I spoke with was "surprised" to hear that.  Really...something you should probably tell people when they are purchasing.  Also, since I have a very nice watch, I don't want to replace it with an ugly fitness tracker.  I don't care how nice the band is, not something that I want to wear on my wrist.  When I One dies, I will be done with Fitbit.

Best Answer

Me, I broke the house down in order to find it. After days of searching, I found it in the small pocket of one of my jean pants.

It have a dead battery, an issue I should solve.

Best Answer

My husband, and at least 4 friends and I also love the One! It’s so accurate and easy to wear without wearing a watch! 

Additionally, I have a bladder disease and the One is very accurate in recording my bathroom trips at night for my medical records. I would be lost without it! I would actually have to return to paper and pen and turn on the light all night which doesn’t aid in returning to sleep easily. 

Thank you for your assistance. Praying it returns. 

Best Answer

Update here...

I bought a plain pedometer but on top of it being sort of clunky because it is 4 times larger than the One, the pedometer does not track all of my steps since it only starts after 8-10 steps which makes it only count about half that I take and useless. I have been keeping my ONE and the pedometer both in my pocket. So I ended up purchasing the Inspire which arrived today. I removed the band and that is in yet another pocket. The Inspire was not matching the steps from my ONE (it was over a hundred different). I had it set to less dominant hand because the clip setting was not available in the website settings for some stupid reason. I discovered CLIP could be set only via the Inspire itself. I changed that and synced everything to match. I thought that would work. Kept checking and it seems better. Then I went to change the clock display (to Heavy) and suddenly it lost about 600 steps??? When I synced it everything went back to the higher number. I am not sure if that is due to my still having the ONE and it synced to that or not (I think so).
OH by the way now my One seems to be working more regularly than before. It does still black out every so often but not as much.I really think switching computers messed it up. It went from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I changed Fitbit to classic mode to help it.

Also, I put the Inspire into my never used One clip because it was a bit slippery and awkward to handle compared to the ONE. The Inspire is slightly smaller than the ONE so it fits into the ONE clip but there is space at the top in the clip. I will be keeping it in my pocket so the fit doesn't matter but if you were to wear it as a clip I would not trust the smaller Inspire to stay in the ONE clip.
I wish the clock display could be set to sideways with larger text in the heavy setting.

I wish it tracked stairs.
Until my ONE dies off completely I'll be keeping both on me. Hoping they bring a version of the ONE back for all of us who liked it for what it did and who dislike having to wear a tracker on a wrist.

Best Answer