Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recycled Fitbit - computer can't find it.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently lost my One.  A friend on the other side of the country sent me her One.  My old device was set up on my computer running Windows 7, and that's where I want to set up hers as my new one, replacing the lost one.
I opened the Main Menu on Fitbit Connect.  I clicked on "set up a new device" and then "existing user." Profile is the same, no changes there, but even holding up the new tracker to the bluetooth dongle, it still says tracker not found.
What do I need to do?  The tracker works really well, just need it to get transferred to my account.

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.
Montgomery Scott
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The issue was that I hadn't deleted my old tracker, so the software was looking for that one, not the one I just got.  Everything is working well now.

P.S. I don't plan on upgrading to Win 10 until this computer dies.  Knock on wood, that will be a while, yet.

Montgomery Scott

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @May_Bee - It sounds like your old device was set up quite a while ago, when Fitbit still worked with Windows 7. But now, when setting up a new device on a PC, the requirement is Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue was that I hadn't deleted my old tracker, so the software was looking for that one, not the one I just got.  Everything is working well now.

P.S. I don't plan on upgrading to Win 10 until this computer dies.  Knock on wood, that will be a while, yet.

Montgomery Scott
Best Answer