Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing lost Fitbit One with new Fitbit One

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to replace my lost Fitbit One with a new one purchased through eBay. How do I get my computer to recognize the new device and link it to the old device's information on my PC and phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @linspencer, once synced your history/data is stored on your account on the Fitbit servers and not on the device itself.  So as long as you set up your new One on the same account (same email address) as your old One, all your history will be there.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Delete the defunct One, synch your laptop or phone, then add in the new One.  The system won't let you use two of the same device at the same time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also I need to point out that buying on Ebay does not give you a warranty. If something goes wrong you will need to buy an new one. Fitbit does not support EBay purchases

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  Can the history/data from original device merge into the new device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @linspencer, once synced your history/data is stored on your account on the Fitbit servers and not on the device itself.  So as long as you set up your new One on the same account (same email address) as your old One, all your history will be there.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.

Linda S.
Best Answer
0 Votes