Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509
I turned off "all day sync" on both my iPhone and iPad last week, and that helped. I have since downloaded the newest update on both and it seems to have fixed my battery issue (although I have left SDS turned off). 🙏 the update is a fix. Have had my One for 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I also removed all auto sync, deleted app, and updated; however, yesterday's charge only lasted 24 hours. This is definitely better than 8 but still a real problem.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I have done all those things a couple of times and have no features set on it. Have to manual get it to do a sync with app and half the time it won't do it. Sometimes it does but when I look at the app later it is showing that I haven't sync in hours.........

Best Answer

I am also suddenly having issues with my Fitbit One holding a charge. I let it charge overnight Sunday and now Tuesday morning it is dead again. 

Best Answer

Charge mine overnight and it is low battery 2 hours after getting up

Best Answer

C'mon Fitibit: You've had over 4.5 weeks to address this. How much longer to fix this battery issue and where were the quality controls before tis became an issue? Or are all your resources dedicated to your new products? Good thing I am no longer paying for premium.

Best Answer

In theory, if I quit using the Fitbit app, and just used the dongle on my computer to sync it and the website Dashboard, would the charging issue go away?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the update, I've had to charge my Fitbit one everyday. I used to go multiple days, even more than a week before a recharge. Glad to hear your looking into this. Having to charge it everyday is lame yo!

Best Answer

Just wait til you have to charge multiple times to get thru the day

Best Answer

Is anyone having sync issues as well as the battery issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! I'm having sync issues as well. I have to sync from a computer for everything to fully record. Every time I try to sync with my phone, the app says "Looking."

Best Answer
0 Votes

@anghara wrote:

In theory, if I quit using the Fitbit app, and just used the dongle on my computer to sync it and the website Dashboard, would the charging issue go away?

It might! I just turned off the All-Day Sync option on my app. I've been syncing on my computer and things so far seem to be okay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MEL12__ wrote:

Is anyone having sync issues as well as the battery issue?

Yes. I haven't been able to sync to my Mac on macOS Sierra no matter what I do. I've tried the dumb Fitbit dongle and the Mac's builti-in Bluetooth. Both fail 100% of the time. I've given up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, I was feeling optimistic. My Fitbit One seemed to be working again after the recent update. BUT, last night it totally died and won't even take a charge. I've had it for 4 years and really rely on it. Have already ordered a new one from Amazon (since Fitbit has discontinued the One). Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Turned off all-day sync, but still getting less than 3 days on a charge after previously getting most of 2 weeks.  This is beyond annoying, Fitbit.  If you're not going to support the One, just let us know, and I'll go find someone else, as I did Omron when I first found you guys.  I've got no time to be messing with this device all the time.

And how about an update, hmmm?  More than a month, I'd say you owe it to us.  Smiley Mad

Best Answer
Syncing to my computer was fine once, when my iPhone was too old and my
computer was a desktop that ran all the time, but now I only use a laptop
and leave it turned off for days at a time, so that's no longer a good
option.
--
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Mine was over 4 years old and died last Monday, Sept 11th. I chatted with
Cust Service & he used some of his troubleshooting tools to determine that
my battery was ok, but the display was broken. I was offered a 25% discount
on the purchase of a new Fitbit, including the One. I ordered a One and it
arrived Saturday. It's still showing a full charge. So far, so good.
Best Answer

This exact same thing happened to me at the time of the upgrade last month.  I only just saw this thread!  I bought my device 2 1/2 years ago.  I contacted customer support, and they said that because I was out of warranty they couldn't provide any troubleshooting.  I bought a new device.  Now I am super annoyed to hear that this was such a widespread problem and they wouldn't provide support.  They basically forced our devices to fail.  

Best Answer

I am still having the battery issue even with the 2.40 update. 

Best Answer

Pathetic that a publicly traded company is not telling its customer service reps of this issue...or are they and they are being told to sell? Either way, it's either poorly managed or lacking ethics & values

Best Answer