Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

If this is the case I will make sure anyone I have convinced to buy one will also like me never buy one again. And I bet you through word of mouth mouth I have sold hundreds who went on to convince their friends.  Apple Watch is becoming more of a reality 

Best Answer

PLEASE PLEASE ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM.  I HAD NO IDEA HOW WIDESPREAD THIS IS. 

Best Answer

One users: Fitbit has now had 6 weeks to address. It hasn't happened. Companies hate bad publicity so  the best bet is to post an Facebook and Twitter. That might get their attention.

Best Answer

This is ridiculous. It was working fine for a few days. I charged my one on Friday. About 20 minutes ago I got a yellow battery and within 5, I got an email about my battery being low. Again, I just charged it Friday. I am at Disney World right now, which is a great place to rack up steps; but I don’t have time to go back to my hotel room and wait an hour for another piddly two day charge. I am out of patience and to ask for more from your consumers after six weeks is just not on. 

Best Answer

I worked with a FitBit representative yesterday who basically walked me through the same process as Shery165.  That would have been around 12 noon EST; by the time I went to bed at 11 PM, it was nearing the red zone.  I charged it directly from the wall socket overnight and have been wearing it since about 8:30 AM EST.  At this time (7:00 PM), it is still totally green.  So maybe the fix is progressing.

Thank you all for your support.  This was my first experience "ever" of using a community board.  You made it memorable and taught me to  talk to the community not just the company.

Best Answer

It's quite amazing they are telling people to restart 3X yada yada when they knew 6 weeks ago this doesn't help at all

Best Answer

5 days  now and still full charge.  They must have updated this. 

Best Answer

Looks like I auto downloaded a new app update a couple of days ago — 2.40.1.  Just noticed it.  Been getting 8+ days battery life with “all day sync” OFF and about 2 days with it ON.  Changing back to ON to test the new update.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Add one more to the list... my Fitbit is 3 years old and always held a charge for 7-10 days. Now it's dead after 3 days tops. It will stay in the drawer until this problem is resolved... I'm hopeful that it is a software glitch though and hopefully will be resolved soon. 

Best Answer

Ok, from 1 September my charge lasted until 10 September, a relatively normal (for me) cycle. I updated my iPad and iPhone to iOS 11, and 2.40 Fitbit. I tried the all day sync again but I went from green to yellow in a day, so I turned it back off, and reset my Fitbit. Since then, I have been getting about 4 days of green and about 8 or 9 days from charge to flatline. I would prefer to get the red notification but at least I can function. I don’t like any alternative tracker I have looked at. I want the clip on style but I also want sleep tracking as well as distance and stairs. I haven’t found a model or type device that does all and isn’t a wristband style. Color me a frustrated user. I had an ultra prior to getting the One. If I hadn’t lost the ultra I would still be using it...or maybe not since these folks seem to abandon older models.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Friday morning 1 September my battery went red line. I charged it, and this time the battery icon on the Fitbit screen showed FULL, which it had not done since the app update. It is still showing green as of Saturday night (before, it showed yellow by now). I have the all day sync OFF (and I miss the notice that the battery is LOW). I have been syncing 4 or 5 times a day. This band aid seems to work, just not really well. I have not found a new tracker that does everything I want. I hope the support staff do figure out a real fix.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I read thru the thread, tried turning off the "Sync all day" button, and reset three times. When I reset, the battery showed about 3/4 full even though I had just charged it.. It went to yellow (1/2 charged). It has been yellow for 4 days now. It might be normal, I will only know once I have to recharge it. Will update when I do. I have had my One for 4+ years, it replaced my Ultra. I will not buy a wrist type tracker. Most of them do not track sleep, a big reason why I got FitBit in the first place.

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

Looks like I auto downloaded a new app update a couple of days ago — 2.40.1.  Just noticed it.  Been getting 8+ days battery life with “all day sync” OFF and about 2 days with it ON.  Changing back to ON to test the new update.

Short test — 2.40.1 made no difference. Turning all day sync back off.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Hi.  Had the same issue with my Fitbit One not staying charged and bought another one because it was getting old. Same thing is happening to the new one.  So unhappy with Fitbit now that I am ready to go with their competitors.  Very frustrating that you have to charge this every other day when my other one lasted approximately 2 weeks

Best Answer

If you hold down the little button in front for several seconds, it should come back to life.

Best Answer

I've done everything that is suggested and my charge still does not hold! Pls help asap...

thanks

Best Answer

I sick of the delays and lack of solid information to fix the failure to charge the Fitbit "One." I don't want to wear something on my wrist. I just need a Tracker to clip on my pants and sync my steps to my IPhone. Anyone have a suggest as to a Tracker from another company? thanks

Best Answer

My idea (only if the One doesn't recover) is to buy an Alta, take off the wristbands and in vest in a silicone clip (found on Amazon) so wear it on my belt as I do the One. The loopy customer service person I spoke with gave me the spiel of it needing to be on my wrist but I don't care - that will be my go to solution.

Best Answer

Isn't it ridiculous that they've made us resort to this sort of nonsense?  I'm really ticked off at their lack of loyalty to their customers.  The fact that we have to go around to find creative "alternatives" is ridiculous.  Get rid of the ZIP and keep the ONE.

Best Answer
I've tried it so many times

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I went away last Thursday and left it plugged in over the weekend. 

I put it back on on Sunday night, fully charged. (All day synch off)

it is now Tuesday and I just checked and the batter is just 3/4 full.

I do get an email when it is very low telling me to recharge it.

in that email it says that the charge is supposed to stay for 5-7 days.

Hmmm

Best Answer
Update - my new Fitbit One (ordered from Amazon) arrived Friday and I fully charged it. It is now Tuesday and it is still fully charged (I have left all day sync off). Hoping this holds up - I'm ok with leaving sync off, if I can get the darn thing to hold a charge like it used to.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer