Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

Just posted on their fitbit facebook page.  Everyone else should as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We cleaned our contacts. Did the restarts 3 times like they said to. One says to do it through a USB port on your pc, the next says through an outlet. It is NOT a coincidence that everyone who owns a Fitbit One is having the exact same problem. This is bull**ahem**, and they will lose many customers. I have no desire to wear something on my wrist either, not to mention I have skin allergies. Very poor customer service!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I thought I was losing my mind but at least I'm happy to see that it's not just me. This is terrible! I loved that I didn't have to charge for a week or more and now a day goes by and I have half? Yikes! 

Please fix!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be nice to have an update on the status of the inability of the Fitbit One to hold a charge since the last IOS 2.39 update. Whatever was in that last update to "improve performance" & take care of "bug fixes" failed miserably, and hundreds of people (if not more) want it "un-updated". And please stop offering people a 25% discount to buy a newer, more expensive tracker. Poor service does not make for loyal buyers.

Best Answer

I have been having the exact same problem. Hope there is an answer soon, missed noticing that it was not charged and therefore missed all steps etc being logged.Major disappointment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit One was purchased in May 2016 so it's a little over a year old.  I'm glad I checked this site to see that I didn't have a defective Fitbit.  It is not holding a charge at all.  Have to charge every day.  Please fix problem or send everyone a new product that doesn't have this issue since it was due to the last update.  Thanks!

Best Answer

I totally agree with you. All these complaints and not a word from Fitbit about how they're going g to fix it. 

Best Answer

If you kill the iOS app the One will keep its charge as usual. It's a nuisance but less than recharging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here, I have never changed any of the settings on all day sync (but I just did based on feedback here) but somehow my Fitbit is only lasting a couple of days when it used to last a week or so.

Best Answer

Here is what the fitbit customer service folks sent me:  

"As a reminder, the following are some factors that have an impact on battery life and may cause your battery to drain more quickly:

- Frequently checking the Fitbit app, which syncs your tracker
- Frequently receiving notifications
- Frequently checking your stats
- Using Quick View.

If you still believe your battery is not lasting as long as expected, we’d like you to do a battery test to see how long your battery lasts after a full charge. Please do the following:

1. Disable the features that can impact battery life as described in http://fitbit.link/1yqi6OS
2. Fully charge your tracker.
3. Sync your tracker 5-6 times a day.
4. Wear your tracker until it is fully depleted.

When your battery is completely drained, meaning that your tracker is no longer responsive and you no longer see the low battery indicator, let us know the day you fully charged your tracker and the day it was fully depleted.  

With this information, we’ll be able to better research how long your tracker's battery is lasting.

Hopefully this gets you back on track. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

John O and the Fitbit Team"

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is ridiculous. With all the complaints for over a week, they should be doing this themselves and not have their customers do their work for them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more. Your patience is truly appreciated. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I spoke with a supervisor yesterday and he said that the tech team is working on a fix and trying to understand what caused the problem. he acknowledged that it is not an individual fitbit issue.  i've had mine for 4 yeas and this is the first real issue - that's pretty good for $99.

i know how much we all depend on our  fitbits but why get so angry?  tone it down, it's just a helpful device, not a major threat to world peace.

Best Answer

Thank you, but since this has been going on since Aug 10, I think it's more than enough time to have a solution to this. You are losing customers due to the lackluster way Fitbit has handled this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the most part, I agree with you. At least now they acknowledge it is a Fitbit issue having to do with the update. Perhaps management should tell the help desk call center to quit trying to make it an individual issue when users call in.

I think we have gotten so angry because we felt the issue was not being dealt with. It's great yours has lasted 4 years, but many people have devices that are still fairly new.  

Best Answer

I am a long time One user. On Tuesday morning this week (8/22) my One was almost out of battery after being fully charged two nights before. I had to charge it last night and tonight as well. Never had this problem before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I had read this form before I bought a new fit bit to days ago. My one needs to be charged every other day right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WhimzicalGal wrote:

I wish I had read this form before I bought a new fit bit to days ago. My one needs to be charged every other day right now.

Return it to the store.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't purchase from the store, I purchased from Fitbit website.  It's back ordered 3-4 weeks, but can't be cancelled.  I will call later today and complain, they should have been honest when I asked, is this being discontinued.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad I found this on the forums, I LOVE my fitbit one (for almost 3.5 years) thought the battery life was gone, but i believe it's the update that caused this, because i used to get 8 days or so.  I've restarted several times but still am getting only a day. Please let me know when this is resolved!!  I'm addicted to my fitbit!!

Best Answer