Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup with Samsung Galaxy Century

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to set up my new Fitbit One (a warranty replacement) and my Bluetooth won't pair with it. I didn't have any trouble with my original Fitbit One using the same exact phone. 

I uninstalld and reinstalled the app on my phone. I alsoI tried shutting the BT off & restarting my phone and also restarting my Fitbit (tried both several times) but still no luck.

Please help! I'm having Fitbit withdrawal!

Moderator Edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I am trying to set up my new Fitbit One (a warranty replacement) on my new laptop (OS is Windows 10)

It won't let me log in & the message is "incorrect date or time. Please check time settings.". I read other posts from people with the same problem & tried to manually set the time but it didn't help. 

My original Fitbit worked just fine with Windows 7. Is this a Windows 10 problem & if so, are there any other fixes? I'm having Fitbit withdrawal!

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you around @lynnich. If you are having problems with your phone, I recommend verifying if you have a Compatible Mobile Device, in the meantime, keep in mind that you can follow the Setup Procedure from a computer.

Let me know the outcome! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Hi Alejandra …. Let me catch you up on ALL the issues I’m having with my Fitbit One. Maybe if I put it all in 1 email you’ll be able to help me. I’m beyond frustrated right now! Back in November I went through Fitbit Support because the battery on my One would drain within 12-14 hours. I also had to reset it daily for it to sync. After trying all the fixes that were suggested to no avail Fitbit sent me a complimentary replacement. I knew I was getting a new laptop for Christmas so rather than set up the new One on my old laptop I just kept charging & resetting my One nightly. So that brings me to Wednesday, 12/31. I set up my new Dell laptop. I’m now using Windows 10 instead of Windows 7. I mention that as I don’t know if that might be the problem. When I tried to set up my new One the message I get is “incorrect date or time. Please check your settings.” I checked them & also set the time manually as I had read in one of the forums. Still nothing. So then I figured at least I could set my One up on my phone but it won’t pair with my Bluetooth. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Century and the same phone I used my original One with for the past year with no trouble. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the One, I restarted the phone and reset the One. Still nothing. So I’m not able to use my One anyplace! ☹ Is it possible that the problem lies with the new One? I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance! Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @lynnich. Samsung Galaxy Century is not a compatible mobile device and that's why you are having problems with your phone, it's great to hear that your previous tracker was working with it but since it is not compatible it's normal to hear that it is not working now with your new tracker. You can check our list of Compatible Mobile Devices. Now about your computer, I recommend checking your computer's settings and verify the time and date. If it is correct, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. After this, you can follow the Setup Procedure without a problem.

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Good Morning Alejandra … I have verified my computer’s time & date settings & also uninstalled & reinstalled my Fitbit several times. It hasn’t helped & my Fitbit still won’t work. What else can I try? Thank you for getting back to me. I’m so disappointed about my phone. Guess I was lucky it worked for a year with the old Fitbit huh? Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning @lynnich. At this time I think that it would be better if you contact our support team. You can reach a phone advocate at (877) 623-4997 or if you prefer you can Chat with them.

Best Answer