Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Schedule Graph off by a day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My sleep schedule graphic that shows when I started and stopped the sleep log relative to my set bedtime and wake up times is off by a day compared to the individual logs below. Anyone else having that issue?  I'm using the latest app on my iPad. 

I have not updated the app on my iPhone and am still using the old version that displays things as bars rather than circles on the main page. The sleep schedule graph with that version works properly.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Forums @Whmart

I'd like to take a closer look into the situation. Could you take a screen shot and then post it as a reply? That way I'll be able to help you make sense of the situation.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

IMG_0125.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Forgot to add text... you can see in the screenshot that for example the really bad night where I could not fall asleep was Wednesday night into Thursday morning. This is labeled Thursday in the sleep logs on the lower part of the screen, but this same log is labeled Wednesday in the graph at the top of the screen. This is on my iPad using the latest version of the app. However on my iPhone I still have the old version that displays the dashboard as bars (which I prefer) rather than circles, but in that version the days line up.  That short night is labeled as Wednesday on both sets of graphs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Whmart

Thanks for the picture and the clarification. In this case what is going on is that the graph at the top will take into consideration your goals and then display each night as pertaining to the day in which it started. What the graph above is doing is putting the sleep recorded on the graph and compare it to what your goal.

As for the sleep on the bottom, it shows as Thursday only because it didn't make the transition of Wednesday to Thursday. It only started on the latter and the information at the bottom is not measuring the sleep up to your goal on the overall night.

I hope this explanation makes a bit of sense and clarifies the situation.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I understand what the graphs at the top and bottom of the page are showing.

But the explaination doesn't entirely make sense. With the sleep charts, the Fitbit app has always recorded the "day" as the day you wake up.. so start the sleep cycle on Tuesday night and wake up on Wednesday, it records that as a graph labeled Wednesday. 

The issue due I am having is that the "days" on the top and bottom don't match. What is showing as Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday etc in the carts on the bottom are showing as Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday in the bedtime/ waketime carts at the top. The graphs at the top are off by a day compared to those at the bottom. It's clear when you look at Thursday on the bottom chart. This same time period is labeled Wednesday on the top chart. 

This is is only occurring on my iPad where I am running the latest version of the app. The days correspond on my iPhone, where I am running the very  version of the app that display the dashboard as bars rather than circles. Is this a bug in the newer version of the app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Whmart! Thanks for the update.

We do not have any reports of any bugs at the moment but I'll be sure to let the  team know about it. If you have any further details you'd like to provide, please let me know.

Any questions you have, feel free to reach out.

Best Answer