Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep efficiency percentage missing (again)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This topic was raised and solved before, but the sleep efficiency percentage seems to be truly gone this time. Clicking on "Log", then "Sleep" used to lead there, but it now redirects to a mobile-style site with no sleep percentage.

Can anyone help? Has Fitbit eliminated this valuable feature for good this time? Or might it have moved, and I simply can't find it?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I hope sp I'm missing it too.

Best Answer

You don't need it!  It is not efficient!
we don't care what the customer thinks!  so removing the % makes it more efficient and this is to benefit the customer?? yep, here is their ridiculous, insulting reply.  They will improve your experience by removing the %!

Fitbit wants to improve customer's experience especially when checking your restless and awake time in sleep. Having said so, the new update was released. On this update, the sleep efficiency feature was removed and some prompts being added when making changes. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, which sometimes results in existing products changing. 

We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to make sure this product is aligned with your interests.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know so we can help you more.     contact.fitbit.com
(844) 434-8248 Friday, 8am - 6pm PST.

Best Answer

Ridiculous! What did it cost them to leave in this one little feature? I have done some (minimal) web site design... I could add the math to do this to their site in 5 min. FWIW, they were taking the total time asleep (button press at night to button press in the morning), subtracting the time to fall asleep, and dividing that number into the total time restless, then subtracting that quotient from 1.

So, if it took you 30 min. to fall asleep, and your total sleep time is 8 hrs., and restless for 2 hrs, the sleep efficiency would be 2 hrs. / 7.5 hrs = .27; then subtract this from 1: 1 - .27 = .73 -> 73% efficiency.

Just because I can do this doesn't mean I should have to! And I definitely can't do that math in my head (at least not when tired, which is the whole point). I want one simple number to look at each morning. Please listen to your customers, Fitbit.

Best Answer
I think in my case of getting so little sleep it might look worse than it does now, but for regular sleepers it might be good.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems to be gone and a number of people are upset about this, me being one of them. I'm trying to figure out what to do next, but have limited time to spend (one reason the old format was valuable)

Best Answer

I am very disappointed in fitbits programmers. This feature took up 3 characters and an identification area in the program and a few lines of code. It graphed nothing and didn't give bells and whistles. But one reason so many of us and my friends purchased a fitbit was to see how well they sleep. Well I guess my recommending these devises for sleep is now a joke. I will no longer recommend these devices, you may as well just go get a smart watch. I reached out also to fitbit, they responded promptly, but basically said, we listen to our forums and whomever complains the most gets attention. I didn't see people complaining to remove this, why did they remove? When and how do we get fitbit to add back?

Best Answer

HOPEFULLY SOME GOOD NEWS!   
FB response
We've come up with the latest update from the customer's feedback and suggestions. Our software engineers are working on this to be applied again and we hope it'll be included in the next update.  We'll make sure that this case will be reviewed by our superior and development team.

In regard to your issue with logging back out when clicking on sleep, try to clear cache and cookies, close all the tab of your browser, check the "Remember Me" the log back in. 
NOTE:  I DID NOT HAVE TO LOGIN EVERY TIME I CLICKED ON SLEEP UNTIL THIS LAST UPDATE.  NOW I DO

Best Answer

This double log on bug was introduced when the March 17 software update was implemented. It was finally fixed yesterday. 

We are still waiting for the rest of the fixes to our sleep presentation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes