Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep not being tracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For sleep, I usually just put the One into the sleep cuff and don't press the buttons to start the sleep cycle.  I've had the Fitbit for almost one year and that has always worked to track sleep for me.  

Last night, I did the same as I've always done and pressed "Begin Sleep Now" on the iPhone app.  It was running and in the morning, I clicked on the "I'm Awake" button on the app.  This is usually enough to show at least the total hours the sleep cycle was and then the app syncs with the One and shows the actual sleep hours.  

Didn't happen last night.  I re-started the Fitbit and no joy.  All the other stats are syncing properly so I am reaching out to see if anyone else has encountered this issue before. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@morrigu Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That is strange! Not a normal behavior from the One. Are you still experiencing that issue?

The restart you did should prevent that from happening again. So, sleep should be tracking normally by now.

To fix the sleep that wasn't tracked; do it manually on the Fitbit app. Tap the sleep tile on the Fitbit app and then the "+" sign on the top right corner to add the lost sleep log. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! I don't know that the problem has been fixed - I tried manually adding the sleep log and it automatically displayed the start and end time that was missing. 😄

So, it's now in the log correctly.

I don't know how I did it - only that it worked!
Best Answer

You could try restarting the Fitbit one by holding down the button for approximately 20 seconds. It does not reset anything

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
0 Votes

@morrigu Thanks for your reply! I'm very glad to hear that the sleep log is working properly now and displaying the right information.

Also, I recommend checking the Sleep Better Board on the Discussions. You will find a lot of things that are very interesting regarding sleep! Feel free to post on any thread you want.

@ShaiKingTroy Thanks for your suggestions! Smiley Happy

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes