Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So disappointed -- One stopped syncing, have to upgrade

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear fitbit, I am so disappointed. I have been a loyal customer for several years and now doubt the product quality and reliability. The clip form trackers fit my lifestyle best. I began with the entry level Zip. After *three* Zip devices proved defective (as verified by customer service through extensive troubleshooting and repair attempts), I upgraded to a One. This worked fine for a year and a half. I even liked it better than the Zip because I could charge it rather than having to replace the battery. Two days ago, my One stopped syncing with Bluetooth. I had two conversations with customer service, and we tried "all possible troubleshooting measures" -- restarting the device, phone, computer and Bluetooth, removing and reconnecting the device, verifying that all software and operating systems are updated, syncing via both phone and dongle, etc. Because it is now more than a year old, it is outside the warranty. Unless I want to downgrade to a Zip again, my only option is to upgrade again to a wristband because the One has been discontinued. Meanwhile, I am "losing" the steps from the past two days and the future days before a new device arrives according to the various fitness tracking programs I participate in. So if I want to continue with fitbit, I must purchase a more expensive device in a form that doesn't suit my lifestyle. I can't help but wonder if this is planned obsolescence to force upgrades or purchasing extended coverage plans. I know that no device lasts forever, but I would hope that products would at least last more than a year and a half.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

My One has also stopped syncing. Haven't tried any if the things you mentioned but I'm concerned the One might not be supported by current software in the dashboard if they have stopped making it. I've only had it a year and don't intend to buy another. Any advice, Fitbit?

Best Answer

Having the same problem here.  I think I've had mine about 2 years.  My One device doesn't seem to hold a charge for more than 2-3 days now, and it doesn't tell me when the battery is low anymore.  Won't sync to phone or computer.  Sad to be losing my Fitbit; I have no plans to wear any of the wrist options.

Best Answer

This happened to me for the first time today.  About 2 hours after I woke up, I checked my device and it was blank.  Nothing was there.  Pushed the button and nothing.  Luckily, I haven't had many steps yet for the day, so I immediately grabbed my charger and plugged it in.  The battery was totally dead.  I'm now at a half-charge so I can go about my day, but I did not receive the low battery notification that I've received for the past 4 years.  And when I would receive the notification, I still had (maybe) a quarter of the battery life left so I'd have time to charge it.  No notification was received this time.  I know the One is discontinued so I hope this isn't now finally a sign that mine, too, is on its way out. 😞  

Best Answer

My fitbit one has also stopped syncing to any of my devices since I updated it last week.  It's battery is also now draining in less than 16 hours.  I have gone through all the trouble shooting steps and even plugged my dongal into my laptop and still nothing.  Very disappointed.

Best Answer

Yep my other half's has stopped working to. 

All of a sudden the display went blank. Managed to sync it briefly but now won't charge, won't record steps & won't sync.

Not happy, especially as only had a couple of years and my Husband doesn't like the other Fitbit options and the One is no longer available.

Tried the troubleshooting to reset it but nothing works

Best Answer
My Fitbit has stopped syncing as well. It stopped syncing after the update. I kept thinking it was my phone but I ran through all the troubleshooting and nothing. It will not sync.
Best Answer

My One has also stopped syncing and I don't know why. Like the others, I too prefer the  the clip to the band and don't want to spend a lot of cash on a style I don't like. Any suggestions on what to do? Can we go back to the previous version of dashboard?

Best Answer

Mine has stopped syncing with my phone, but is still syncing with my computer, which is incredibly disappointing.  I hadn't used it in about a year, but I wanted to be able to start tracking/monitoring again and this was a deal breaker for me and I ended up buying an Alta HR.  I miss my One, frankly.  After a couple of days, it seems the One was more accurate.

Best Answer

This is my experience too.  The One (2016) was synching until 2 hours ago, and now I'm getting "Bluetooth Issues: restart Bluetooth on my phone app." and the One "rejected pairing!"

I just purchased a Flex 2 Jan 10 and was having so many more challenges getting it to sync that tonight I decided to go back to my One - only to have this happen.  I hope IT sees these posts and responds.  So disappointed...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got my One up and running. I'm not sure what the problem was but I reset it and it synced up. I have tech support checked it through my phone. I haven't tried syncing through the computer yet.

I agree with you .. bring the One back. Not everyone wants nor is it always appropriate to flaunt your bit on your wrist yet still log steps.

Happy stepping!
Best Answer

Thank you so much - I was really disappointed -  and frustrated.  I did reset the Flex 2 after posting this and it worked.

Which Tech Support contact did you use for assistance? (phone? chat?) I'll try anything!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for posting the article link, NanaDiva.  Today was the first time in a very looooong time that my tracker was not found.  From when I woke up this morning to getting home this evening after work, none of my data synced.  Each time I tried to force a sync via the app, it would say "Tracker not found."  I had to complete the reset procedure as indicated in the article.

Combined with not receiving the low-battery message and now the tracker can't be found, I think my One is finally dying.  😞

And like many, many others have mentioned, PLEASE BRING BACK THE ONE OR ANOTHER NON-WRIST TRACKER.  I wear mine on my bra, so it's very discreet and appropriate no matter what attire I'm wearing.  If the One is replaced with yet ANOTHER wrist tracker, if you go out to some fancy restaurant or get dressed for a special occasion, who wants to see a fitness tracker on your wrist?  Come on, Fitbit!  Help us out here! 🙂  

Best Answer

I did the reset this morning and it synced!

Actually the reason I bought the Flex 2 is because although it's a dainty, water-resistant wrist tracker, it comes out and can be worn in a small magnetic clip [Silicon Clip Holder for Fitbit Flex2 by eGenPlusDirect $11.99] I found on Amazon: it's smaller than the One and much cheaper than the accessories sold on Fitbit.  If your One finally dies, check this out.  

Best Answer

I have had my one for almost 6 years. I wear it every. single. day. without fail. I have purchased: a One for my daughter, the Charge 2 for both of my daughters. Until this last week, I have never had a complaint. Now, my One will not sync with my iPhone. No one at FitBit seem to want to answer our questions. I've gone through 2 silicone covers for my One. I recently purchased an Apple Watch but Still wear my One. It is the most accurate step tracker I've tried. Nothing comes close (not even my watch) and yet Fitbit chose to discontinue this very popular tracker. 

I will try, again, to do a hard re-start when I get home from work but, seeing all of you, I am not hopeful. When the One was discontinued, Fitbit said they would continue to support the item, yet it seems that is not t

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what I did but I FINALLY got my Fitbit One to sync to my Samsung phone.  The battery is also now working normally.  My One will NOT sync with my laptop even with the dongal.  It also will NOT sync to my Samsung Tablet.  "Pairing rejected by One" is the error I get on my tablet.  I can pair with my laptop via bluetooth but it cannot find the device to sync.  So frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, like Fitbit One.  I've had for about six years.  Recently mine would not download the new app upgrade and stopped synching.  The time showing was also about nine hours behind real time after recharging the battery that had run out.

I also sought help through a live chat.  Nothing worked.  However, the past day or so, it started synching again. And time is RIGHT!  So be patient.  Yours may auto correct.  I think the new app doesn't work well with Fitbit ONE (this is my theory) and maybe FitBit is working to reverse the update and have it continue on the old app version.  I hope you don't have to buy a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't know it Fitbit One is discontinued.  I love mine!  I'll make it work as long as I can!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They replaced it with the FITBIT ZIP - which is a clip but doesn't track sleep - which for me is a problem:  https://www.fitbit.com/zip  

Should you decide to get this there are wrist accessories on Amazon, and more of a variety of colors for the holder.  I'm gun-shy right now so using the Flex 2 - which is now syncing with my computers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NanaDiva: I don't know if I have understod you correctly, but if I have, I can tell that you can get more colourfull clips to your One at wish.com. The only two notes I have to that is that it takes some time for it to arrive. (It comes from China, and I live in Denmark), and the other thing is that the quality isen't always perfect. But it's cheap prices, so I love using the page/app.

I may also ask you ( @NanaDiva) Where have you found out that the flex 2 also can be used with a clips? I really LOVE using my one with the clips in my sock, end of pants and at night arround my food using the wristband (my ankle is too big, therefore the foot), so (as many of the others here) I would be sad to change to a wristband. I have started using it that way for a couple of days Ago, and I just just say WOW! to the results. Earlier I have used it in my underpants and I felt it was bored into my stomack and left red marks. Using the way I use it now I really love, and I now see my One as my best friend 😚

But when I read all the comments on this page, I think it would be a great idea to have an alternative in mind. But it is very important that I (in one way or another) can get a clip to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes