Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps magically disappeared

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my wife and I went to the Florida State Fair last Tuesday the 14th, Valentine's Day. We had a great time and both of us made sure we had our Fitbit Ones with us. We stopped for coffee before we went home and we compared steps. I had 8200 or so and she had 7900 approx. We chatted and went home. We check again when we got home and the numbers were still the same. That evening around 9:30 I took the Fitbit out of my pants pocket so it wouldn't get washed. I forgot it all day yesterday, but put it back in my pocket this morning because we were walking laps at the mall. Imagine my surprise when all but 200 of my steps were missing for Tuesday, yesterday even though it stayed on my dresser, I burned 1925 calories, and things are normal this morning. Long story...but I want my steps back. Where did they go?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @garyprofsr,

Welcome to the community!

Were only your steps missing or are your wife's steps missing too?  Also, did you deplete the battery on your Fitbit One before you used it on Valentine's Day?

If it's only your account and you had depleted the battery, then I may be able to explain what happened.

Looking forward to your response.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Afternoon @PureEvil,

Thanks for the quick response! When I checked the steps Tuesday evening before I placed it on the dresser, my One had about 1/4 battery left. Since I forgot it yesterday, I took it with me this morning, it recorded the steps correctly and I put it on a charge an hour ago. The correct steps are still there, and it seems to have happened only to my One. I hope this helps!

Gary (garyprofsr)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I meant depleted the battery before your trip to the fair.

Fitbit are like wall clocks; they keep time as long as they have power.  If you deplete the battery and charge it, they (like wall clocks) continue to keep time right where it left offSo if it was out of power for say 16 hours, then its time is going to be off for 16 hours and you'll get credit for your steps on the wrong date/time.  The way to 'fix' this is to sync it immediately after charging if you depleted the battery.

Let me know if this sounds familiar.

Another possibility, if you were traveling, then the change in time zones may change your step count.  For instance, if you went from tomorrow back to today:

• Traveling from east coast, pass 12am to tomorrow in the air.
  • Land and have the time immediately to back to today at 10pm.

You get the idea.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes