Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The sync bug is back

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Apparently things have gone wonky again with the Fitbit Connect software AGAIN, as they did last November.

My one has not auto-sync'd since last Friday, July 14, at 12:15 PM.  Of course AS BEFORE when I try to manually sync it, Fitbit connect cannot seem to find my tracker, even though I'm HOLDING IT NEXT TO THE DONGLE ATTACHED TO MY COMPUTER.  Or laying it on top of the computer.  Or plugging it into the USB charger.  Or doing the whole "reset" routine. Or plying it with margaritas while looking into its beautiful burgundy display, whispering, SYNC **ahem** YOU, in Italian, because Italian is sexier. And finally, after attempting to manually sync for the fifth, sixth or thirtieth time, continuing to get a message that "an unknown error has occurred!!"  Oh, shock me again, Brunhilda.
Then spending the time to go through the message boards and having the words of George Santayana ringing in your ears (do people just not learn?).

So, all of you doing the same dance as last November, getting told how to do resets, how to check your phone for updates, how to unplug this thing, or plug in that thing - IT'S NOT UP TO YOU!  YOU do not and should not have to be constantly doing this crap to get your One to sync.  It is supposed to sync automatically and if it is not and there is nothing wrong with your One or whatever device you are sync'ing with, then guess who needs to fix it?
I, for one, am done dancing.  Fix the software, Fitbit.  Update the firmware if that's what it takes, I don't care.  It's on YOUR end, NOT mine.  Take care of it, please.
I've been a loyal Fitbit customer since the year before they were born.  

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.
Montgomery Scott
Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @May_Bee.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on the matter. Please know that no comments go unnoticed. Whenever there are any updates on the situation, we will be letting everyone know.

Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer