Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track exercise on Fitbit one

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can anyone tell me how you track your exercise in the Fitbit one as I am stuck thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17
My Fitbit one won't track or log onto my dashboard what am I doing wrong
Best Answer
0 Votes
Won't track or log exercise
Best Answer
0 Votes

From the fitbit article:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1935

Use the timer on your Fitbit One™ to track a specific activity in greater detail. For example, if you put your tracker in exercise mode and go for a walk or run, when you sync your tracker after your exercise you’ll see a new entry on your fitbit.com activity log. The entry provides a summary of the activity's stats as well as a minute-by-minute graph.

To track an exercise:

1. Hold down the button until you see the timer start. While your tracker is recording an activity, its icons will blink continuously and you will see a stopwatch for the duration of the activity.
  2. When you're done with your workout, hold down the button until you see the timer stop.
  3. Sync your tracker.
  4. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard and go to Log > Activities to see the activity. Note that you can't view activity details from the One in the Fitbit apps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thanks a will give hat a try, but when I go into log it's saying I have done exercise when I haven't how does it say this. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same method is used for tracking sleep.. any chance it's possible it confused sleep with exercise (if a shorter nap?).. Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you holding down the button to start it when you start the exercise.

Same as when you sleep. But it knows when its exercise.

Might also want to read the manual

http://help.fitbit.com/?p=one

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am holding button down and running 10k but it still won't log .
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Helen13 welcome aboard to our community. Note that for the activity records that your One is tracking, they wont appear as exercise on your app or recent exercise tile. This doesn't mean that the stats recorded by your tracker are not counted for your daily activity totals. There are different methods to track your exercise but the One and the Ultra tracker doesn't work in the same way as the other trackers. So if you want this information appear on your exercise section of your account, you need to manually enter the exercise either on your app or your online Dashboard. Rest assure that your One is working fine.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Hope you guys are doing great @WendyB @SunsetRunner!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Helen13 Are you talking the Dashboard tile or the activity page?

Because it should show on the activity page when you record it. Thats where you should be looking.

activity.png

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good point sweetie @WendyB Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I only use my iPhone app for the Fitbit and it doesn't log it in there
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Android. But if I tap on exercise it brings it up. You just need to look for it as it is there. Or post in the

IOS Forum for better help

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thank you for ur help .
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you...it was driving me crazy and I couldn't figure out how to get my fibit one to go into exercise mode.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So basically your best bet is to go to your phone's fitbit app and right before you start your run you go to workout tile, in tracking tab press play and that should track all the stats your looking for.

I know I was used to my hr holding the button down having those stats transfer to the app but I had to return my hr bc I got a rash and the fitbit one was the best closest thing (didn't need the fancy dings and whistles the more expensive ones offer). I still love my fitbit one even if this is a minor flaw. Hopefully this is something fitbit can fix with the next update. **fingers crossed**

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know the fitbit HR logs only activity over 10 minutes though. Anything less it won't track. I haven't tried press and holding the button down till it vibrates to track my stats yet on the fitbit one. Has anyone tried it for a work out?? If so how long does your activity have to be in order for it to be saved to the fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s fine thanks a Changed to the fitbit blaze as the one was driving me crazy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes