Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble setting up new One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

So I tried to setup my One using the app on an iPad and was getting the dreaded "Request failed: forbidden (403)" error message.

Looking on the forums, the suggestion from Support seems to be to do the set up on a computer.

Fine. I downloaded FitBit Connect onto a Windows 8 laptop. When I go to log in to the account there I get: "An unknown error has occurred!"

Fantastic!

Oh, and just to be sure, I installed on a different laptop (also Windows 😎 and got the same error.

What gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @beeli, welcome to the Forums! Thanks for letting me know the steps you already tried to set up your Fitbit One. Let me recommend you something else, can you please uninstall the Fitbit connect software from your computer, restart your computer and reinstall the software? 

Please let me know if the same error appears. I'll be around. Robot Very Happy 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi Heydy,

i'll give it a shot. but since i did two clean installs of the software on two separate computers i'm not clear what a reinstall will accomplish.

will post back in a few

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi @HeydyF,

no dice. i still get the same error after reinstalling.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi @HeydyF, what should i try next since the reinstall did not work?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same problem and tried the same different things without any luck. I ended up disconnecting my iPhone from my wireless network thus using cellular network. And voila. Now I was able to setup my One using the app on my iPhone. Afterwards i reconnected the wireless network and everything works. Even on my laptop.
Hope this helps you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

hi @Riiskjaer,

Thanks for the suggestion!

I will try it out.

I have to say, I'm quite underwhelmed by this whole experience both in terms of the set up difficulties and the lack of response from customer support.

It seems like FitBit has some very basic IT issues that they need to fix which is a little sad considering that that is their core business!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the problem seems to have solved itself... One paired with iPad without errors...

Apparently the "solution" is to keep trying the setup process until the FitBit system is actually functional....

Not a very auspicious beginning...

FitBit: If you are having technical issues with your servers acknowledge them rather than suggesting to new clients that the problem is on their end and they try setting up on a different platform or that they reinstall software!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @beeli. Your Fitbit One uses a single-channel BT connectivity. So if you have another BT-enabled device in proximity (a phone, a tablet, an ipod ....), the signal from that device might be responsible for the difficulty that you experienced when you tried to sync with your iPad. Your tracker can only be connected to one device at a time; and if it was already connected to your iPhone, that could explain why you weren't able to connect to your iPad.

As for server issues, yes, I know that Fitbit had issues yesterday. The Charge forum was packed with hackers' posts; that probably required bringing the system down. I couldn't post anything here yesterday morning.

Have a good day. 

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer