Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with my charger

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have always heard how great the customer service  has been.

I have had a Fitbit One for 2 years and absolutely love it!! I am in Weight Watchers and have challenges weekly with several of the gals which is very motivating.

My charger has always been very finicky but last night it wouldn't acknowledge that I was trying to charge it.

Because I am out of warranty, Fit Bit wants to charge me $19.95 for a new charger, (oh they will give me 25% off - still $15) which forces me to go to Ebay and purchase an actual Fit Bit Brand charger for $4.95. I could get a fake one for $1.89. I mentioned this to them and they wouldn't budge. 

Very disappointed. Guess if I didn't penny pinch I would have been happy with $15! 

Still LOVE MY FITBIT!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Oh and go to ebay and buy it and don't expect Fitbit to help you there either if its bad. As Ebay is not an authorized dealer. Good Luck to you!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I don't think that's unreasonable. 

I use:

FitBit Aria
MyFitnessPal and MapMyRide, Garmin VivoSmart

Best Answer
0 Votes

I must be missing the point. They are offering you a discount, which they don't have to do on a part that is well out of warranty. What were you looking for?

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't get it either. Do you want them to send you new when its out of warranty?  totally unreasonable on your part. Things do not last forever.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh and go to ebay and buy it and don't expect Fitbit to help you there either if its bad. As Ebay is not an authorized dealer. Good Luck to you!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah...dont really have a leg to stand on.

I've had nothing but wonderful encounters with customer service.
Best Answer

Update from a year and a half ago!  I purchased a charger from Ebay for $5 shipped. Still working today! AND... I still love FITBIT despite me thinking they were unreasonable when it was actually me  Smiley Very Happy

I have since then purchased the Charge 2 and loving it!

AND... I have pre-ordered the Aria 2 scales and can't wait to get them!!

Guess I am a life-timer Fitbit user!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So s for your negative experience. I'm sorry too that fitbit no longer sells a fitbit one, so no more descreet tracking of our steps. I did find one on eBay, but like you am forced to go outside fitbit company to get what I need.  I hope neither of us have trouble with what we purchase, since fitbit won't stand behind ebay purchases. 

Best Answer
0 Votes