Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or download update on Fitbit One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been unable to sync my Fitbit One or download and install the latest update for a week. It was working fine until 11-20-17, but then I noticed it would not sync to my iPhone 5. I tried syncing to my iPad and to my Windows 10 laptop and nothing worked. I was on the phone with customer support for over an hour (case #22327051) and tried everything, but nothing helped. I have rebooted, updated, restarted the One, turned on and turned off Bluetooth, drained the One battery and fully charged it, but nothing seems to help. All my devices are up to date with the latest updates, but this has not changed anything. How do I get a replacement for my Fitbit One?

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

@CowtownWOB Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Fitbit One is still unable to sync with your Dashboard even though you have troubleshooted properly. Regarding your case, I was able to get in touch with our Support team and since the issue persists, they'll be happy to follow up. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if more assistance is needed my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you message me the advice.  Can not sync and battery draining fast  on my one 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@annemperry Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! If your Fitbit One is having a hard time syncing and holding its battery. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it's syncing properly now. Regarding the battery issue, if you have the "All-Day"Sync" feature on, the battery will drain more quickly. Also, having many alarms set the battery will drain as well. If this is not the case, please try cleaning the contacts of your tracker and charger with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have been unable to sync my one since 11/20/17.  I have uninstalled and re-installed the computer app.  I've re-installed on my cell.  Still no sync.  How can this be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see new faces in this thread and our Fitbit Community, welcome aboard @txhockeyfan! I'd like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Fitbit One is syncing properly now.

See you later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried everything and mine won’t sync since Monday 11 December 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VivienE It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Fitbit One is not syncing with your phone. I would like to follow up and would like to know what troubleshooting steps you have tried. This info will help me to determine how to proceed and help you to get this issue fixed.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to restart the fitbit twice, then got it to update (plug it into the charging cable and hold the button down for 10-15 seconds, then restart it). My employer gives us monetary incentive if we reach step goals.  In order to get this, we must upload our data from fitbit to Walkingspree.  This disruption in data between the two accounts caused me to lose my incentive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried restarting the Fitbit and I’ve tried restarting my phone I have also disabled my Bluetooth n turned it on, I’ve cleaned the connectors and still my phone searches for the one - could it be the Bluetooth has just died?

it stopped syncing before and the resets worked but it’s not working this time 😓

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s really not good! When I hold down the button as stated the stopwatch starts and then it goes blank but when I restart the stopwatch is still going - is that a proper reset? I hope your back on track with your incentive- did u show your boss the problem 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

I let the battery run completely dead and then put it on charge and it just synced!! I lost data from a few days ago but it’s going again 👍😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

Worked for a week after I let the battery run out and rebooted but nothing again.  I spend hours trying to fix it when I could be out exercising.  I am really at my wits end and think I may be forced to try another brand.  I have really enjoyed my fit bit but I dont really want to spend hours trying to fix whatever the cliché is.  I recommended it to quite a few people and I hope they dont have the same issues. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue since yesterday. I walk/or workout every day and always log 11,000 or more steps.

I did all the troubleshooting on own and with a support person with no luck.

I was told I probably need to delete app then go to Apple store and have new app downloaded.

Nearest store is an hour away so feeling kind of down about everything.

I do love my Fitbit one as it was a gift to me four years ago. It’s really inspired me to walk every single day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have good news this morning. I let my Fitbit battery drain then tried syncing my IPhone and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for previous writer’s suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a pain and I do not want to reinstall the app just incase it deletes my info

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes