Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won over by wristbands

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m going to share my story in case anyone like me comes to the Fitbit website expecting to buy a replacement One and is shocked to find out the One is no more...

I had the original Fitbit when it first came out in 2008.  That broke (split in half, but lasted a long time!), then I got the Fitbit one.  That also lasted quite a few years and I’d still be using it if I hadn’t washed AND dried it accidentally.

When i killed my One I had no idea there was anything changing at Fitbit and I expected to just buy another One.  No such luck.  I was 100% positive I would hate having a wristband.  I was so used to the clip on (had clip ons for almost 10years!) and I never wear anything on my wrists.

Well guess what.  After a lot of research I bought the Alta HR and I overall love it.  There was no way I was spending money on the Zip (ugh) and I like the Fitbit app too much to switch to another brand of tracker. I actually like having it on my wrist because it beats having to look down my shirt to see the display!  I love the HR feature and in depth sleep tracking.  I miss the stair count. I do loathe the screen tapping of the Alta, what a terrible “feature”.  Which brings me to...

I recently read theres an O2 sensor in the Versa and that is SO intriguing to me (particularly for sleep apnea tracking— i know it’s not active yet but fingers crossed...) that I’m going to return my Alta HR and get the Versa.  The Versa!    I NEVER wanted a smart watch and NEVER thought I’d get one, but there it is.  I won’t be using notifications (bad enough I have i deal with them on my phone) but everything else about it sounds great.  I am super excited to get it and try it out.

i don’t know if my story is interesting to anyone but I wanted to share in case someone out there is distraught like i was about the discontinuation of the One and not sure what to do.  If you’re not 100% absolutely positively sure you will hate a wristband, you should try it out because it might work even better for you than a clip!

BTW, I bought a 3rd party clip for the Alta from Amazon and never even took it out of the package since the Alta works so well on the wrist.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for sharing. I also started with the One and am quite surprised at how well I get on with the wrist worn alternatives (although my One is still alive and remains my favourite).

Just a note re the O2 sensor. Although the ionic and versa have the sensor they are not currently used. Fitbit plan is introduce functionality using the sensor at some point but it's not there yet and they haven't given a date to expect it.

Best Answer

I started with the Classic, then the Ultra and I still wear my One. I also have a backup as this one I have is 3 years old now.

I also have wrist models and like them as well. But I think the One is the most accurate.

Thanks for sharing your story!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer