Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrist band for Fitbit one

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've ordered a wrist band off eBay for my Fitbit one. Will this accurately count steps still?
Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

The one isn't designed to be worn on the wrist, have once tried wearing in the sleep band and gave to many steps.

While it can track steps, it will be less accurate when wearing in a wristband.

Fitbit doesn't have wristbands for the one to wear during the day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah ok. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Haras321. I agree with @SunsetRunner. But while the Fitbit One is not calibrated to be worn on the wrist,   it's a pretty safe bet that the error factor inherent to wearing it that way will be relatively constant. So for the purpose of gauging your performance over time, it should work fine.

You can test this for yourself if you like by walking 50 steps with the One clipped to your torso; and another 50 steps with the One in the sleep band. If you decide to conduct these little tests, make sure to wait 20 seconds before you check the step count at the beginning and end of your test, as the there can be that much of a delay between screen refreshes. My tests have repeatedly shown an 10% shortfall in step counts when wearing the Fitbit One on the wrist; and that, to me, is just as accurate as any true wrist-type tracker.Smiley Wink

So the long and short of it - if you prefer to wear it on your wrist, go right ahead. But if step count accuracy is the name of your game, wearing it on your torso is the way to go. Cheers!

TW

Best Answer

The only reason why I considered wrist wearing is because I keep on washing them when clipped to my clothes and forget them. Solution is to clip to top of t-shirt and have paracord strap around neck. So you can't forget it on your shirt.

Best Answer

@rsilvers I hope you're doing well! That is actually a great workaround! This will prevent the Fitbit One from being washed. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm sure this will help other users as well.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

Thanks again and see you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes