Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't sync Fitbit One to computer or tablet

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried repeatedly over the last few days to sync up my fitbit One using Fitbit Connect on both my computer and my tablet.  For some reason the fitbit does not appear available.  I have done the following

1. Updated Computer to latest version of Fitbit Connect

2. Updated Tablet to latest version

3. Ensured the Tablet and bluetooth was off when trying to sync through computer

4. Ensured my Fitbit was the most updated version

5. "Rebooted" my Fitbit

6.  Rebooted both computer and tablet

7.  Fitbit is on and near the device, heck one time I even laid it on top of the tablet so it was definitely close.

I've had my fitbit One for maybe 3 years but this last year I have had repeated problems with getting it to sync.  On the tablet I get the message that no device is found, on computer I get Not Working?  and a list of things to try which I have done. What's the deal here?  Is there a self destruct in this thing so I go out and buy a new fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @Shayob. Thank you for your efforts while trying to resolve this issue before contacting us. If you haven't done it already, please set up your One as a replacement device to your existing account. Rest assured, your synced data won't be affected. If you keep experiencing the same issue, it could be a good idea getting in touch with the Support team. Let them know the workarounds you've performed so they might be able to provide further assistance.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I am having the same issues for the whole month of Apr. I am still wearing the device as a guide, but am unable to get it to sync. I have wasted way too much time trying to uninstall, reinstall, sync, trying all suggestions I've read on this forum, still nothing! I'm done. I will not waste any more time with this. Now I am looking for an alternative. Too bad, it was great while it worked. Get your act together Fitbit and fix this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This sounds EXACTLY like my issue.  Have had my FB One for three years, and last good sync was April 18.  I too have tried all you tried, and also (before reading response from FP) removed my device and added new device, then tried replacement device.  All to no avail.  I have verified that Fitbit Connect is running, but nothing I do will let me sync.

I too am wondering if there is a self distruct app running 🙂 and am doing my last check on forums before I replace it.  Since I have not been able to sync in over a month, I am not feeling married to the FitBit any more and though, will still consider one, will also be looking at other choices.

Best Answer
dbclark52, I just tried the replacement and then did what you mentioned and
removed and tried to re-add the One, but I can't even get it re-added as a
device. The device seems to be working, and my Fitbit Connect is most
recent version but nothing seems to be working. I've got to head off on
but will be contacting Support later today. Hubby is a computer geek and
he says he thinks the bluetooth on the device is broken so the computer and
tablet can't find it. Maybe that's it, like I said, self-destruct. IF
they can't work this out I will be looking for a new device and although
I've loved the fitbit this last year has been nothing but problems,
constantly having sync issues and every time it seems to be a different
problem. Always seems to be after I haven't been able to sync for a few
days. Oh well there are other products on the market if I can't get this
thing working.
Best Answer

I finally got mine to sync.  Had to connect my charge device to the computer I sync to and restart my Fitbit One by holding down the button for 10 seconds.  I then unplugged it and restarted.  (Per instructions from support I knew it had restarted when I saw 6.60 in the window of the device)  I then went to Fitbit Connect on my computer and pressed Sync Now.  It is now sync'd.  Now waiting to see if it gets back to self syncing.  If not, then will be time for a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks dbclark52, I finally got mine to work thanks to you. I had
"rebooted" my fitbit before (turned it off, etc) but that hadn't worked. So
I removed it from my profile and then it couldn't find it at all so I
figured I was screwed Then when I saw your reply I figured I would reboot
it again and see if I could add it then and it worked.. . . so far 😀. So
like you I'm going to see if it will continue to sync up moving forward.
Thanks for the reply, I don't think I would have thought of rebooting it
again if I hadn't seen your message. Good luck with your fitbit!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much dbclark52,  for posting this info.  I was having trouble syncing my Fitbit one for the past few hours.  I rebooted like you did and then synced on my computer and it's working perfectly again!!!  THANK YOU!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

my preference for syncing my Fitbit has always been through my pc.  Several months ago, after the last update, i keep getting a message "no internet connection found".  I don't have a problem with internet so I know it is related to that fitbit connect update.  I can sync through my iPhone no problem however that is not my preference (don't like having another app running in the background).  No one has ever given me a solid solution.  Good luck in your endeavor to resolve your issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sync for my tablet hasn't worked since 05-Aug. Everytime I try to sync it says the device can't be connected or to try again later. Bluetooth is working fine on my tablet as I can use my Bluetooth headphones without a problem, It also syncs OK with my laptop.I find this frustrating as it doesn't work with my mobile phone either and I like to check my steps when doing a long walk or run. 

Best Answer
0 Votes