Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different results on fitbit connect and android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I synced my One to both my Android Fitbit ap and to Fitbit Connect on the my Macbook.

On the computer - I was able to add information for an activity and it did not override the active minutes or calories. (I wore the One while being on an Elliptical - without recording).

On my Android ap, if I try to add an exercise, it only allows me manually log it - not to add information on existing activity. It then overrides calories and active minutes. (Steps are held constant).

What is the best way to log an activity - should I record it and then log information on the recorded activity through my computer? This seems most accurate but this information does not show up on my ap at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @nasochkas. I log everything on the Mac. I manually log only non step-based activities such as weights, rowing, stationary bike, etc.

I usually don't wear my tracker for non step-based activities. But if I do, I always use it in exercise mode. When I sync, I then use the time and duration the One recorded to log the said acivity (e.g. rowing) manually, with the correct caloric burn; and then delete the timed record posted to my activity log from using the exercise mode. So basically, I use the timer functionality in those instances as a note pad, to keep track of my start time and duration.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @nasochkas. I log everything on the Mac. I manually log only non step-based activities such as weights, rowing, stationary bike, etc.

I usually don't wear my tracker for non step-based activities. But if I do, I always use it in exercise mode. When I sync, I then use the time and duration the One recorded to log the said acivity (e.g. rowing) manually, with the correct caloric burn; and then delete the timed record posted to my activity log from using the exercise mode. So basically, I use the timer functionality in those instances as a note pad, to keep track of my start time and duration.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
Thanks! That is what I am doing now too. For step-based activities I just record and keep what the Fit bit says. I found calories to match up close enough with the eliptical though the distance is a bit lower.
Too bad this can't be done through the phone ap.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nasochkas. Yes, the caloric burn will be close enough; but remember that your tracker will be totally oblivious to platform inclines, which may or may not be an issue for you. But for me it is, as I usually have varying platform inclines during my ellipitical workouts, in an interval pyramid ^ scheme, which increases my caloric burn considerably (due to my heart rate going up and down and back up again...)

Cheers! 

Best Answer
0 Votes