Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit one is blocking adobe flash

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having a problem with Fitbit. Adobe Flash plugin is blocked only on the dashboard page. Has anyone else ever seen this happen? I just got my Fitbit One a few days ago and now I can't get it to sync, flash is blocked. Is it all connected. I have removed Fitbit connect and I can't re-install it. When I was trying to get my One to sync this morning it did once then andd hasn't synced since 8:25 AM something else was added to my computer. I have deleted that. It was a password saver program that I didn't want. I do have a pen and paper that works fine for saving paasswords. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the forums!

The one itself can not block Flash. Something on your computer is blocking it. Maybe a Virus scanner?

But you need to check your computer

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
I realize it shouldn't be able to do so however the fact remains that fitbit log is the only place on any of my programs or pages that the flash blocked symbol shows up. I was unable to sync my Fitbit One and the adobe flash block came up while I was trying. I have now gotten my One to work and the adobe flash blocked still shows on that page only, but everything works fine. All of my games that require Flash work fine, so it is not affecting anything else. I would just like to get rid of the symbol, right now I am just ignoring it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your input @WendyB! It's nice to see you in the forums. Smiley Happy

@Eben51 thanks for the clarification. This sounds very odd indeed. Just like @WendyB it could be that something on your computer is blocking Adobe. If possible, please post a screenshot of the symbol you get. 

In the meantime, try clearing your browser's cookies and cache and also try a different browser. 

I'll be looking forward to your new comments!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I really don't know what it is that is happening. I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash. I have cleared history, cookies and all the rest. It still shows up as flash plugin blocked on my fitbit app as well as a couple of games that I play. However I can still use all those sites without problem so I guess until I accidentally stumble on the answer I'll just keep on doing what I am, which is playing my games and keeping track of the food I eat.In my recent efforts to figure it out I removed my fitbit one and have not been able to re-install it. My printer was also giving me problems I uninstalled and then re-installed it without problem. I went to uninstall my fitbit zip as I am no longer using it and hit the wrong one. I am using a work around whereby I physically enter my data along with my food log. It doesn't show me any fancy graphs and I won't earn any badges until it works again but the point is to know how much exercise I am getting and how many calories I am consuming and burning. Works for me. Thanks for your advice. I have tried Fitbit help and was unable to fix it. Tomorrow or Wednesday maybe I plan on phoning support and see if I can do something with someone talking to me. Flipping from one page to another just doesn't work for me. I know when I was younger I could have several windows open on my computer and work on all of them without losing anything. I guess when one gets older things become more difficult.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the explanation. That's definitely unexpected behavior @Eben51. If you're having issues syncing your Fitbit One then I recommend checking out this post with more troubleshooting steps. 

If you're having issues with your printer, then my guess would be it's something in your computer and not from Fitbit. Have you been able to take a screenshot of the issue you're describing? Do let me know! 

Out of curiosity, are you using the Fitbit Connect Software or the Windows 10 App? Sorry to answer your post with more questions but I'd really like to have a better picture of the situation here.

I'll be looking forward to your new comments! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I am not really certain what happened. Spent some time today on Chat with Patrick, Danny, and Julie. Was still not able to get it to sync and the flash blocked icon was still up in the corner. Tonight I decided to check my downloads file, I'm nearly 66 years old and was seriously ill a couple of years ago, I am really having memory problems but I keep doing what I can. Anyway tonight I remembered how to find my downloads file and there sat Fitbit connect. I clicked on it and in no time flat my fitbit was working again.So everything is lovely again. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes