Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacement model for one

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Fitbit One is an excellent device, however, it has a few shortcomings. The greatest issue is a bonehead, or group of boneheads, decided to discontinue the device. Fitbit's suggestion is to replace the Fitbit One with the inferior Fitbit Zip model.  The Zip retails for $60 and is currently in backorder status on your site The Zip.has a replaceable battery.  Fitbit One has a rechargeable battery. The Virgin Health Max offers comparable features (Fitbit Zip) for $25.

Fitbit and/or Virgin Healthmiles need to get together and design plugins that will allow Fitbit devices to access Virgin Healthmiles within the Dashboard app.  Currently, I have to log in to Fitbit and link my Fitbit One to the Fitbit dashboard software.  Next, it is necessary to navigate to the Virgin Healthmiles website, log in and transfer the data from the Fitbit dashboard. The Virgin Health Max software runs as a terminate and stay ready (TSR) application running in the background. The TSR detects the Virgin Health Max, downloads the data and launches the website.  This method is much more refined than the two app method.

I suggest you improve upon the Fitbit One.  The battery in the device should be user replaceable and rechargeable.  The device should be able to determine when one drops off to sleep and also when they awaken.  No starting/stopping of a timer to determine the length of sleep.  The device should also determine and display your heart rate. The heart rate should be a stored parameter and added to all those currently tracked. The belt clip needs to be reinforced and more substantial You need to provide a security clip for the device.  Virgin Healthmiles (I don't remember the first business name) provided a short security cord that attached to their device. The security device had a spring-loaded clamp to attach the pedometer to your clothing or belt.  This safety device saved the loss of several of the earlier devices.  

Finally, may I suggest a name for the new device?  Fitbit One Plus, or the Fitbit One Professional, or the Fitbit One enhanced or the Fitbit 2.  Please keep a similar shape.  The body could be a bit thicker, wider and longer. 

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

FitBit One has been discontinued so there will be no improvements

As for the Virgin Healthmiles You will need to talk to them. They can easily set up something that brings over the fitbit steps to there site. Many sites already do this

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes