Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracker not found

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For several days, I have not been able to sync my One via the dongle.  I continually get the window, tracker not found.  I have hard started, uninstalled, reinstalled, . . .   I am at my wits end.  I can only sync during the work day via my Mac, not iPad or Droid.  The dongle is visible, on occasion it will automatically sync, but that is rare.  I have contact the administrators, however, there is not resolution, and I have not heard from them in 2 days.  

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Susannot connect.jpg

Thank you,
Susan B
Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi Susan @missb267. We had one such incidence earlier this week on a MacBook Pro. Updating to the latest vesion of the Fitbit app solved the issue. If you decide to go that route, please make sure to delete the current Fitbit app before you download and install the most recent version.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same problem. The dongle and tracker used to work flawlessly. Now, in January, I can't get it to work. I've uninstalled the fitbit tracker, downloaded and reinstalled the software. I've restarted the One; but still, it won't sync. what gives? The computer recognizes the software, but can't "find" the tracker. I'm about ready to give up. And if I do, I'll probably buy a different step counter....non fitbit....this is unacceptable
Best Answer

Hi @pezlud. Here are a few troubleshooting tips to try out:

1. Restart your tracker - please click here Restart. If the restart is successful, you should see 'Fitbit 6.60' show up briefly on your Fitbit One's display. Otherwise, you'd have to repeat the restart process two or three times if need be until you do. Make sure to hold the button long enough, 15-20 seconds if need be.
  2. If the firmware version number that shows up on your One's display is lower than 6.60, then it means that your Fitbit One needs a firmware update. Please click here for instructions on How do I update my tracker.
  3. Please make sure that your computer's operating system has the latest updates. If you tell us more about your computer configuration, perhaps someone here will be able to offer additional tips.

If your Fitbit One was syncing 'flawlessly' before, there is no reason for it not to sync now. I am sure that this can be cleared up with just a bit of troubleshooting.

Have a good day.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the input.  I did uninstall and reinstall, plus all software is up to date.  

Thank you,
Susan B
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, all issues began in January.   I am currently in contact with FitBit Help.

Thank you,
Susan B
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tips.  All have been done.  No success.

Thank you,
Susan B
Best Answer

Like Susan...I have followed all the steps.  Successfully restarted my One; uninstalled the fitbit connect; reinstalled the fitbit connect; tried "replacing" my One.

Nothing has been successful.  I have Windows 7, home premium 64 bit...and it is updated.  I update it weekly, so all software has been update.

IMO, it is Fitbit software.  The computer recognizes the dongle and software.  Otherwise, what has changed?

I can snyc to my Windows phone.  However, I NEVER leave the bluetooth on as it uses battery power.  Thus, when I try and sync to the computer, the phone's bluetooth is off...and I have checked that several times to make sure.

This all started after fitbit "updated" the software around January 5, 2016 or thereabouts.

Best Answer

There must be a solution, that comes from FitBit and software.  This is so frustrating.

Thank you,
Susan B
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @missb267. When we had the issue, uninstalled and reinstalled Fitbit Connect, the new installation did not stick. Upon completing the re-installation and check the Fitbit version number, it would be the same as before. So I had to go back and unsintall again. I then deleted the Fitbit folders from my computer. Then I unplug the Fitbit dongle, cleared the browser cache and did a complete system shut-down. Rebooted again, plugged the dongle back in, and downloaded and installed the latest version of the Fitbit app. Once the install completed, I checked the vesion number and finally it was the correct one. No issues since.

TW

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues when trying to sync my Surge.  I have uninstalled the Fitbit Connect software and re-installed it.  During the setup process, the Connect software recoginzes the Surge, but when I try to sync it, it says the tracker is not found.  All blutooth devices are moved away and my other Fitbit tracker is completely discharged.  This just started happening in January.  This has not been a "big" issue since I can sync with my tablet or phone, but I prefer to sync with the PC, then examine the my data online.  I wonder if they have stopped supporting Windows 7, which I am using.  The Fitbit website only mentions Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.  I contacted support via email - waiting for a response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

TandemWalker,

I will uninstall and reinstall yet again.  We'll see if that helps.  Thanks for your help and support.

Thank you,
Susan B
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this, plus turning phone off and on, turning bluetooth off and on, deinstalling and reinstalling fitbit app, charging tracker to the very top, and still can't get my phone to see my tracker. It says it is paired on bluetooth.

Merilyn

Best Answer
0 Votes