Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Charge 2 since Jan 2017 and never had a problem with the battery life - it's always lasted about 5 days. This last week the battery life does not even last a day and every morning it is now empty. I've cleaned the contacts and made sure it is connected properly. It does fully charge up with no problem but drains really fast. There is definitely no problem with the charging - the software version is 22.55.02. Can someone help? I see lots of other people have similar issues. I have not changed any settings and not interested in turning off whatever option I have on - it worked fine up to now so please do not respond with the usual, try plugging in and checking the connector type (I am using the original that came with the unit), turn settings off, etc. response - I KNOW HOW TO CHARGE IT AND MY SETTINGS ARE FINE! 

I've been a big fan of the charge 2 but, if it's standard that the battery life is so limited it's hardly worthwhile having one. Is there anything other than, check the cable, etc. that you can offer advice on?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Rechargeable batteries do have a life span. A lithium rechargeable battery, such as in the Fitbits have a average life span of 2-3 years from when it was manufactured. In addition, during that time it can be recharged hundreds of times. But with each discharge/recharge cycle it losses a small (very small) fraction of its charging capacity.

You can try these steps to see if it helps
Please clean the contacts

Then Do a Restart

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've cleaned the contacts and done a restart. It's crazy that the lifespan is considered to only be 2-3 years. If that's the case then they should advertise that and/or make it so that the batteries can be changed. Seems they are expecting people to cough up over  £100 pounds on something that has such a short lifespan...

Best Answer
0 Votes