Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre sleep tracking problem with Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was using a Charge 2 for about a month and it would only track my sleep if I fell asleep in my lounge chair. If I went to bed, it would not track it at all. This happened for every occasion I slept. Last week, I got an Ionic and the problem is still occurring.

Fall asleep in a chair.....perfect recording. Fall asleep in bed......nothing.

I gave my Charge 2 to my wife and she gets perfect sleep tracking when she is in bed, so it's not faulty equipment, it is just me. I have tried normal and sensitive modes, tried restarting, tried everything but this bizarre pattern keeps occurring. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Wow that is weird! Does it record your heart rate when you are in bed sleeping? I guess it is something to do with your physiology but really weird!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Yes, tracks my HR throughout the day and night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem. In the last few years I've had 4 different fitbits and all off them only record my naps on the sofa and nothing in bed , why!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems that your Fitbit devices are having trouble tracking your sleep when you sleep in your bed, but work fine when you fall asleep in your lounge chair. You have already tried restarting and changing the sensitivity mode, but the issue persists.

One possible explanation for this could be that your sleep position or movements when in bed are not being recognized by the Fitbit sensors. You may want to try adjusting the position of the device on your wrist or trying different wrist placements to see if this helps. It may also be helpful to experiment with different sleeping positions to see if that makes a difference.  myACPNY

Another possibility is that there could be some environmental factors in your bedroom that are interfering with the sensors. For example, if your bedroom is too dark or too light, this could impact the device's ability to accurately track your sleep. Similarly, noise or temperature changes in the room could also affect the sensors. You could try making adjustments to these factors to see if that improves the sleep tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes