Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Windows 10 App and Fitbit connect won't let me setup or sync either

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried the instructions to install the Windows 10 app on my 64bit version of Win10 on my Toshiba Satellite notebook. I have removed the Charge 2 device and the previous version of fitbit connect, re-paired it (it shows as 'Connected' in the Bluetooth screen) and tried to get the fitbit app from Windows Store.  All I get there (even after logging in) is a grayed out 'Free' button.

In desperation I downloaded the latest Windows fitbit connect program and installed it.  When I try to connect and sync to my Charge 2 I see a message saying the Bluetooth sync dongle is not connected and when I try to progress further through the sync process it says 'Plug in the wireless dongle' and won't go any further.

I am now unable to even set the time on my Charge 2 and what my husband bought me is effectively a a very expensive rubber bracelet.

As a result of this (and the frankly poor level of support on the forum) I am seriously considering returning this product to you for a refund..

Any help you can provide (and I don't men telling me to install the fitbit app as I cannot do so) would be appreciated as I am getting seriously frustrated by the whole fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I hope you are able to get this resolved, if only because a refund may be difficult. If you bought direct from fitbit.com then there is a refund option available but only for 45 days from purchase. The warranty terms apply for 12 months (or 24 months in Europe) but only offer a replacement option and not a refund.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello, I am trying to get my fitbit Charge 2 to sync to my Windows 10 notebook (64 bit OS on a Toshiba Satellite).  I have followed the instructions to remove the fitbit device from the Bluetooth list, uninstall the old version of fitbit connect (which didn't work either) and have re-paired the Charge 2 (it shows as connected in the Bluetooth settings on my notebook).

When I try to get the Windows fitbit app from the Windows store, even after logging in, all I get is a grayed out button saying 'Free'.  Thus I cannot install the fitbit app.

In desperation I tried downloading the latest Windows version of fitbit connect from your website - this installed fine.

When I try to use this to either setup or sync my Charge 2 I get a message saying that the Bluetooth sync dongle is not connected (despite the Charge 2 showing as connected in my Bluetooth settings).

If I try to progress any further I get to a screen saying 'Plug in your wireless sync dongle' and the process can go no further.  I have also tried this with a third party Bluetooth dongle (Laird BT820) and get the same result.

I have double-checked that I have followed the instructions on the community, tried a Windows 7 laptop and my Android phone and nothing will work; I am still unable to setup or sync my Charge 2.

As a direct result of this I am seriously considering my 'rubber bracelet' as it's supporting software clearly isn't fit for purpose.

Any help you can provide in solving this issue would be appreciated (and I don't means things along the line of 'Make sure the fitbit app is installed' - as I cannot install it).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have an answer I'm afraid but I can say that you can forget the fitbit connect route as this will not work with a laptop's bluetooth and requires a fitbit wireless dongle that doesn't come with the Charge 2.

Are you able to download any other app from the windows store? I'm wondering if the issue is specific to the fitbit app or a more general issue with using the app store.

Do you have a compatible phone that you could use whilst this is being investigated? The supported list is at www.fitbit.com/devices

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been looking for other threads from people having this issue.

This thread may be of use: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Windows-10-App/Can-t-get-Windows-10-app/td-p/1009921/page/3 , especially posts 47 and 49

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Thanks for your reply. I can download other apps from the Windows app store.

Unfortunately my phone is a Sony Xperia xz premium which isn't supported by fitbit. I did manage to load the app onto it and sync with the phone once but after the first sync that doesn't now work. I've tried it uninstall/reinstall but it won't pair to my charge 2 again.
We've been messing around with this for nearly 2 months off and on, am seriously thinking of asking for a refund and buying another brand ☹️

Sent from my Xperia™ by Sony smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you are able to get this resolved, if only because a refund may be difficult. If you bought direct from fitbit.com then there is a refund option available but only for 45 days from purchase. The warranty terms apply for 12 months (or 24 months in Europe) but only offer a replacement option and not a refund.

Best Answer

Unfortunately none of the suggestions have worked am looking at my options currently 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dongle doesn't work either. Even have it set to Classic Mode. Junk!

Best Answer
0 Votes