Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 counting steps when I’m sleeping

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I’ve had my Charge2 for 2 days now and I have noticed that it’s always counting steps while I’m sleeping. It’s averaging less than 100 steps but was wondering why this is happening. I checked the forum yesterday and tried the suggested solution of changing the sleeping sensitivity. But it didn’t work. I would really appreciate the help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

It is probably from tossing and turning throughout the night, and maybe a trip to the restroom. Unless you don't realize that you sleep walk, this has happened to others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem too.  I have worn the fitbit Charge 2 for a week now and every night I log hundreds of steps.  I do not sleep walk.  Going to the bathroom would log maybe 30 steps at most.  Moving in one's sleep should not count as steps; that's a poorly designed product.  It is extremely rare that someone stays as still as a corpse during a night's sleep.  

Please inform us how to fix this problem if you're a Moderator or provide information on how to get a replacement that works properly.  My sister has the same device and hers does not log sleep steps.

Best Answer

My fit bit charge 2 counts steps while i am asleep, No I do not sleep walk and no I do not get up to use the bathroom, does anyone know how this can be fixed!

Best Answer

How many steps are we talking about @Kendralee? Have you read my post above? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like we both referenced your post above.  

Turning in one's sleep is normal and shouldn't be counted as steps. And it shouldn't account for hundreds of steps. When paying $150 plus for a product that counts steps, we should get an accurate count, not have to subtract what's there in the morning or adjust the goal each day to factor the sleep "steps" out. Is there any fix besides saying "oh well, you toss in your sleep?" Those posts have been marked as a "solution" but the problem isn't solved. 

Thanks. 

Best Answer

Mine dos the same and counts the steps wen moving my arm sitting down can anyone solve this problem 

Best Answer

It’s happening me to and I dnt sleep walk so what’s ur answer to that please??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Between 77 and 30 steps, I have a bellabeat leaf and it does not track steps while sleeping

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Between 77-30 steps while sleeping I contacted fit bit they said 5-7 would be normal we reset the fitbit however it still logged 30 last night

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Page44  I agree the problem hasn’t been solved, so I proceeded with unresolving the post. Hopefully someone from Fitbit will provide a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just took it back, best wishes

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has
Best Answer
0 Votes
The Fitbit back ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I just took it back I talked to fitbit twice we reset it and it did not help even though I liked the features I did not like the inaccuracy so I took the charge2 back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fit bit charge 2 counts steps in my sleep on normal not sensitive settings. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does sometimes too if I have a restless night. I usually log about 8-10 steps I'd your logging more than that I would call customer service. They will get you on the right track

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you  did you end up keeping yours ? ready to send mine back

Best Answer
0 Votes
After I called Fitbit, I did end up exchanging it for another one. Mine was a faulty device. I haven't had the issue since.

Best Answer
0 Votes