Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 quit working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure what happened, won't turn on, won't charge. Was fully charged.....a few hours later, its off and won't come back on. 

Help?

For the record my ACCEPTED SOLUTION was to contact support

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@hendersondayton If your battery is still not charging, I would recommend the tips mentioned here to help get you back on track.

The tips should help, but if for some reason they don't, I'd then recommend reaching out to Fitbit customer support for additional help.

Hope this gets you back on track.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

It's nice to see you around @hendersondayton! First of all, to make sure is not the battery what died, I'd recommend leaving your Charge 2 charging around 2 hours or so to see if any sign of light comes up. If after that period of time you see that your tracker is not turning on I'd recommend restarting it at least 3 times in a row by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know if that works! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

If there is no battery, will the fitbit vibrate when its plugged in?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No my friend @hendersondayton, it won't vibrate due to the empty battery. Let me know if it turns on after 2 hours into the charger. I'll be here! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK. Its been plugged in for 3 hours right now...still not turning on.

Edit: Its now been charging for 7 hours. Still not turning on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hendersondayton If your battery is still not charging, I would recommend the tips mentioned here to help get you back on track.

The tips should help, but if for some reason they don't, I'd then recommend reaching out to Fitbit customer support for additional help.

Hope this gets you back on track.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

this might sound a bit dopey, but are you sure you have the charge positioned properly on the tracker? you should almost hear a click to know its locked in properly. Reason I ask, I didn't know or realize initially that it had to be snug in the clasp. I attached it, it looked right, I went about my business. I came back an hour later and it had the exact same battery level. I wiggled it and heard the click. All was well.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

not a dopey suggestion at all. I did make sure it was connected. I also did the rubbing alcohol thing....so far, still nothing. 

I did 3 hours on USB and 3 hours on USB/Wallcharger.

Best Answer

my fitbit charger 2 , is not working , all it says is www.fitbit.com/setup

i have charged it, its been plugged into my laptop as well and still nothing, i have logged out the app on my phone logged in and still nothing??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @louis-london the message you are seeing is telling you to setup the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will not turn on and will not seek with Bluetooth to the iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to get the fitbit to work but why does it stop?  what makes it stop working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didn't work for me. I did get a smiley face, but the clock face is not visible. Just a straight line. 

Best Answer
0 Votes