Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 stuck on setup scroll screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have a fitbit Charge 2 which I'm having problems with the setup. It was new in the box when I received it. It was a gift to my father a few years ago and he never used it so he recently gave it to me. The problem is that it continues to scroll the startup web address and doesn't move on from that screen. I've linked it about 8-10 times to the app, each time putting in the 4 digit code, but it still shows the opening scroll screen. It appears the fitbit is working somewhat after I link it to my iPhone X because the fitbit app shows the number of steps I’ve taken and flights of stairs I’ve climbed. I've looked at the help pages and have tried everything suggested with no success. 

Things I've tried include:
- Update the iPhone S/W to the latest version (ver 16.6.1)
- Un-install the fitbit app, and re-install
- Turned the iPhone off (power off) and back on
- I tried setup with and without the fitbit connected to the usb charger
- I've made sure the fitbit is charged to 70% and later to 100%
- I’ve installed as a new device OVER the old install and have deleted the device then installed it again. 

After connecting, the app shows that the fitbit needs to have a firmware update, but when I click on the update it does nothing.

Please help. There has to be something I'm missing. 
Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I just realized this is posted in the wrong location. I’ve reposted it in the Charge area. I don’t know how to delete them his post. Perhaps a moderator can delete it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update - I removed the Charge 2 from my iPhone X then tried to do a setup to my wife's newly-installed fitbit app on her iPhone 8. It connected the same as on my phone, giving the 4-digit code, saying it was paired, then went back to the scroll screen. I then installed my wife's Charge 2 on her iPhone to replace my device. It connected, installed and is working fine. So, since it had the same issue with her phone, but her Charge 2 installed on her phone OK, the problem is my Charge 2, not the phone, phone s/w, install of the fitbit app, or the gmail account. This is very puzzeling. Does anyone have suggestions where I should turn next? Is there an email address for customer service or will customer service see this post and give me a solution?

Best Answer

I'm experiencing same problem. Hope someone has a solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Customer Support via phone.  Go to the Fitbit webpage, go to the botton and select Contact Us, click Customer Support, click Let's Talk Get Support, then click Call Us.  It will give you the number to call.  My Charge 2 I received as a gift was defective and did the same thing as yours is doing.  I tried all the things you did several times.  After working with a very nice Rep, Fitbit said they would send me a replacement watch or a credit towards a new watch.  I chose the replacement watch.  I received a Charge 3 very quickly.  Great Customer Support!!   And I like the Charge 3!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Customer Support via phone.  Go to the Fitbit webpage, go to the botton and select Contact Us, click Customer Support, click Let's Talk Get Support, then click Call Us.  It will give you the number to call.  My Charge 2 I received as a gift was defective and did the same thing as yours is doing.  I tried all the things you did several times.  After working with a very nice Rep, Fitbit said they would send me a replacement watch or a credit towards a new watch.  I chose the replacement watch.  I received a Charge 3 very quickly.  Great Customer Support!!   And I like the Charge 3!

Best Answer
0 Votes