Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery draining within 24 hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Charge 3 about 6 months ago and in the last couple of days the battery has suddenly gone from needing to be charged about every 4 days to draining from 100% to 7% in less than 24 hours. I haven't suddenly started syncing it or tracking workouts more often in this time so it doesn't seem to be caused by what I'm doing with it. Tracking a 1 hour workout now makes it lose about 25% of the battery charge. Has anyone else had this problem and can it be fixed?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I’ve had just about exactly the same, in the same timeframe.

Got my Charge 3 Special Edition as a birthday present in December, and it worked perfectly until end of June... when suddenly, the battery would go empty within a day. Previously, it would last for several days between charges.

Initially, as it happened so suddenly, I had to make doubly sure that I was charging it to 100% and that no other changes had happened. After I’d convinced myself that it was indeed running down from full to empty in less than a day, I contacted support.

Support gave me a list of tests to perform, so they could test on their side what was happening. I did their tests, after which I saw it go from 100% charge, to unresponsive in just 8 or 9 hours. Support then sent me a returns address and number, to send the device back to them... so this was around first week of June.

Fitbit support then, acted pretty quickly to test my devices performance... and having identified that it was only holding a charge for a few hours, organising for me to return the device to them, and for them to send me out a replacement.

i got the package sent off on June 5th. I should have sent it recorded with signature on delivery. When I got home, I discovered I’d sent it “proof of postage” instead of proof of delivery... but by the time I realised... I was home already... too late to do anything about it...

Unfortunately, from here onwards... things have not gone so smoothly. No real problem with the postage... Support have accepted that I have returned the faulty device to them. As we are getting to the end of June now... I’m still waiting for my replacement Charge 3 SE.

I’ve had an update now and then on progress. Two identical mails in the last couple of days apologising for the continued delay due to their logistics partners issues, but both promising expedited shipping and tracking details would follow. But still, I’m waiting...

So, despite this seemingly unending wait... I’d suggest you get in touch with Fitbit support and start the process of having them check your device. I just hope that you fair better than I have in getting a replacement device...

I’m just living in hope that I’ll get my tracking information before we get into July!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice! I'll get on to support ASAP. Sounds pretty frustrating. Crossing my fingers for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started having the same issue with my Charge 3 that I purchased in January of this year. Just this week the battery life has gone from several days to several hours. Like you there have been no changes to what or how I am tracking or syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Charge 3 around last October. The battery that used to last about 5 days is now lasting just a few hours!!! I emailed Fitbit yesterday and received a No reply auto response but have yet to  hear back since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like some of them have a six months “bug” of some sort? Sounds daft, but so many similar issues after a similar period of time...

Still, the route is clear... contact support, let them monitor your device from full charge to depleted (probably 8 to 10 hours), then go through the rigmarole of returning the device to them... and sooner or later, they will presumably send you a replacement... which with any luck will not go through the same route again... at least we hope not!

Me? I’m STILL waiting for my replacement... Fitbit keep sending me “updates” on my replacement... and thanking me for my patience! But... my patience ran out weeks ago. I’m supposed to understand their “logistics partners problems”! Fact is, I do not care about their logistic partners problems... I’ve got problems of my own! Not least of which is - I’ve been without my Fitbit for getting on for a month already...

All of that said. If your Fitbit gets tired, and battery goes flat in a few hours instead of several days... Support is the way to go...

Lets all hope their logistic partners issues get sorted out before we all grow too much older...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Their "logistical issue" never involves issues charging on your credit card. They never have issues getting money from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes