Forum Posts

Charge 3 screen is blank

My fit bit has not been used for a couple of years, but always kept in a jewellery box in my bedside. i am wanting to use it again, it will charge, vibrate and sync with my phone - so i can see how many steps ive taken and how much charge is on the f...

Charge 3 Brightness

The screen on my Charge 3 is completely dark. How can I access the Brightness control if I can't see what's on the screen? Help me please!

Mike9N by Jogger
  • 5 replies
  • 0 votes

Charge 3 requiring put 4 numeral password

My charge 3 all of a sudden is it requiring me to put in a 4numeral password in order to change screens! What has happened and how does this get remedied?  I can't get the weather or do anything else.   Please help. Regards, Lynn Driggers   Moderat...

LynnWD by Jogger
  • 2 replies
  • 0 votes

Blank screen on Fitbit Charge 3

I have a blank screen on my fitbit charge 3.  It still tracks my sleep and activity on my app, but the screen is blank.  I have restarted, per the manual, and I have updated firmware per the app.  This has been going on for a couple of years.  I can ...

mco79 by Jogger
  • 3 replies
  • 0 votes

Sleep downgrade

The recent Fitbit charge 3 format for sleep recording is primitive and a DOWNGRADE!  What genius came up with a difficult to read black and white chart that is horrible. AND you can’t easily look at recent days without goi g day by day in another fie...

Charge 5 blank screen

I have had my C3 for 2.5 years.  I had to stop wearing it for about 8-9 months.  I had trouble with the screen not coming on from time to time but now it won't come on at all. It syncs just fine.  I've done all the steps found here, charged, put on c...

Trying to get started again a Charge 3

I set my Fitbit Charge 3 aside 16 months ago, and am trying to get it started again. It appears to shake when plugged into the charger, but hasn't really come back to life after charging overnight. What steps should I take to try to revive it?   Mode...

Charge 3 blank screen

Hi, Need help charge 3 display is not working.(Was idle for 3 months) Tired everything mentioned on forum multiple times, display is simply not working.Rest everything is working fine.(band is able to read heart rate and walk steps taken and is synci...

Vim11 by Jogger
  • 1 replies
  • 0 votes

Charge 3 incorrect time and date

I have 2 Fit bit charge 3 one of them is the right time but the other one is saying 2201 and the date is wrong . What should I do.    Moderator edit: clarified content

KZINKL by Jogger
  • 1 replies
  • 0 votes

Charge 3 has stopped working

Have got this Charge 3  Christmas of 2019 as a gift from my kids after a heart surgery.  It worked ok for about 3 years until  around Christmas 2022.  I stopped wearing it while I investigated solutions.  In June I discovered that the tracker may act...

hemmjo by Jogger
  • 2 replies
  • 0 votes

Charge 3 won't turn on

My charge 3 was working just fine and then I plugged it in but when I took it off the charger, it is just vibrating but the screen won't turn on. When I go to the app, it is still synced and tracking my heart rate and sleep hours but hasn't turned on...

Charge 3 screen dimmed until fully black, can't find fix

My charge 3 screen was slowly dimming over time until it went completely black. It is fully charged, and I have tried both regular and long restarts which I believe worked, but as the screen doesnt display anything I can't be 100% certain it did in f...

SkylaK by Jogger
  • 24 replies
  • 45 votes

Charge 3 screen is unreadable today.

I am also having the same problem with my charge 3. Battery went dead yesterday, charged it overnight and screen is unreadable today.   Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Emsy75 by Jogger
  • 6 replies
  • 4 votes

Charge 3 screen too dim

I have the "DIM SCREEN" set to OFF and Sleep off, but I still cannot see or read the screen when outside...and it's not even very sunny.Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Charge 3 screen too dim

Can anyone walk me through how to change the brightness level on my charge 3! I know I have to do it on my screen but my screen is so dim I cannot see the words to find “settings” I just got this one off marketplace and am not familiar with it i see ...

How can I locate my lost Charge 3?

I lost my fitbit inspire 3. I have a Bluetooth finder but it keeps pulling up a bunch of different devices with a bunch of numbers. Can I rename my fitbit to find my device?Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Rochef by Jogger
  • 1 replies
  • 0 votes

Resolved! Charge 3 cannot sync

Hi, I manually updated the fitbit app 3 days ago and today realised my Charge 3 is no longer syncing with my phone.  The app was showing data up to the day I updated but nothing since, the manual sync won't work, neither does the help and support but...

Charge 3 blank screen

I can't read the unit's display. Both of my Charge 3's are dark. Did you guys turn them off in an update?Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Charge 3 battery draining fast

Mine has become strange, charging to 100% within an hour, then draining within minutes to a couple of hours.  Its synching behavior is also erratic, sometimes showing the correct time and mostly not.  I fear that my trusty Charge 3 has reached the en...

Resolved! Huge amount of steps in my sleep

Hey!During the day, random time every day, I notice my Fitbit registered a huge amount of steps, at least 5000 steps, which are made between 12 and 1 in the night. I already did a soft and hard reset, but that didn’t solve the issue. Any tips how to ...

Charge 3 dim screen

I have a charge 3 and the screen has gone dim. Tried various suggested fixes from the forums here but no good. Asked the Fitbit helpline and they admitted this is a known problem with charge 3s and would ‘let me know’ when a fix was available. So I g...

Charge 3 screen faded until black

I have had my Fitbit Charge 3 since 2020 December, I have never had complaints until 2 weeks ago. It started fading from the sides inwards, this lasted a couple days until it became pitch black. It was repsonsive and still recorded my stats in the ap...

Charge 3 screen faded

The screen on my fitbit charge 3 is faded. I am not able see anything on it outside.It is fully charged. I hardly used it and it was at home most of the time. Now when I started using it and I found this issue. Can anyone help? seems like it’s a defe...

Charge 3 screen stuck on 001

Hey there! Having some trouble with my Fitbit Charge 3. I have restarted it before and had 0 problems, but recently I noticed the time was no longer syncing to my phone, and neither was the Charge 3. When I restarted it, it seemed to fix itself for m...

Charge 3 won't sync anymore

I pulled my charge 3 back out after not using for 2 years and now it doesn't sync, date and time are wrong, how can I fix this?Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Nona by Jogger
  • 3 replies
  • 1 votes

Blank spots in Charge 3

My  charge 3 screen has sections of the display lights out. I can’t read it at all. I can just make out feint numbers at the bottom of the screen. Can’t make out the rest. I’ve done a reset and it’s the same   Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Blank screen on Charge 3

My fitbit is on and shows up on the app. However, the screen on my fitbit is blank. Does not turn on…does anyone know why?   Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Is fitbit adding my burned calories twice?

Hi all,I have a fitbit charge 3. It tracks my calories throughout the day. It's also connected to my strava app, so if I add a workout on strava, it adds these calories burned onto my total calories burned in the fitbit app.My question is: has my fit...

Labels