Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank screen and it won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys. 

I know there are many threads on this, but I could not get it working after reading them all.... 

My fitbit has a black screen, but it does vibrate when I push the side button. The device is out of sync with my fone, and it does not charge when I place it in the charger... Please help. My charge 3 is 5 months old... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome on board @ChrisL89! Thanks for the detailed information about your Charge 3's behavior and for taking a look at the Community Forums to find a solution to the blank screen on your device. 

I'd recommend restarting your Charge 3 once more, but this time leave your device into the charging cable for 15-20 minutes and then go for the restart by following the steps below: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Did this. Connected to charger. Held button for 8 seconds. Saw the smiley. Removed from charger. Screen goes black. Pressing the button makes the fitbit vibrate, but the screen stays black. And connecting it to the charger does nothing still. No vibration and screen stays black. 

I have another charge 3,and that one charges fine with the same charger, so the charger is fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ChrisL89, thanks for coming back and for trying the recommendations provided. 

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Please let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist in the meantime. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much, will wait for the email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @ChrisL89! Ping me out if you need anything else. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  3 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did the procedure to reset as instructed above and the same thing happens to me.  I see the smile and then when I unplug it, the screen goes blank????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you open a case for me as well?

Thanks!  I really miss wearing my Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same trouble.  I tried to recharge and still blank screen.  Bought 12/2018

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes mine was bought a few days before Christmas 2018.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @AnnFrank68 and @karenfFB3! Thanks for trying the suggestions provided here. 

Since the issue persists, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 😉

Please let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please open a case for me, I have the same issue, mine does not even show the smiley face when charging and resetting it does not sync wit the phone nothing

Moderator edit: all caps 

Best Answer
0 Votes