Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has a black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I fully charged it 2 days ago.  This morning it went dark. I put it on the charger & it showed a 3% charge.  It is now charging but unable to sync to my phone.  While it’s been on the charger it goes from charging to a black screen with a horizontal bar across the screen. I have logged off the app, I have shut down my phone & I have attempted a hard shut down of my Fitbit.  Nothing so far has solved the problem.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Same thing this morning.  I wonder if it was an update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not getting anything but the smile face now.  When the screen did light up I noticed the time was incorrect. I tried to get help through a live chat but apparently that’s not working either. It’s frustrating.

Best Answer

Hello @Mende02@JeffVanCuren. Welcome to the community forums. 

@Mende02 I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'd like to let you know that I was able to see that you reached out to our Support Team and they have provided a resolution for your case. If you still have additional questions or inquiries about the outcome of your case, I recommend replying back to your case or contact them one more time and they will be glad to continue assisting. 

@JeffVanCuren Regarding your question, there hasn't been a firmware update recently. The current firmare version for Charge 3 is 1.88.11. For more information, please visit: What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?

If the inconvenience persists and if you haven't done so, I recommend performing a restart to your Charge 3. If that doesn't work, please perform a long restart, a long restart is different than the basic one and you can complete the process by following the steps below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope this helps.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes