Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i have gone through all the steps on the help guides and it is still not syncing 

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

It seems like a problem with the app and fitbit fails to address it. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Laurac71 @Kittykattopia.

@Laurac71 I am sorry to hear your Charge 3 is not syncing. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I am here to assist you. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep an eye on your inbox.

@Kittykattopia I understand your concern and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. If you're experiencing syncing issue with your device, please follow our troubleshooting instructions at Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not syncing either and I've tried everything.  This thing is useless without the app.  Help!

Best Answer

did you check any updates were installed? that was one of the problems i had when it stopped synching recently although i did have to factory re-set the whole thing as well <sigh> but it's now synching again

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @L_PavanIt's nice to see you again in our Community Forums, @BritinBelgium.

@BritinBelgium Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience and suggestions. I appreciate your time and efforts to help other users!

@L_Pavan I am sorry to hear your device is not syncing. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I recommend to force quit the Fitbit app, turn off/on Bluetooth, restart your phone and then follow these instructions:

1. From the Today tab, tap your profile picture.
2. Tap Set Up a Device.
3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

If you experience any difficulties with pairing your device, please find the complete troubleshooting instructions here

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've done all that (multiple times) and it's still not pairing/syncing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response, @L_Pavan

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I also have a Charge 3 with syncing problems. It has worked fine with my Samsung S9 for almost a year but lately it will not sync unless i reboot the phone. Everytime. Nothing else works - Bluetooth switching on/off, restarting app, rebooting the fitbit. Was a buggy android app released lately? Can you help please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Turbopie.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your Charge 3. I appreciate your efforts and the additional details, I understand your concern and I am glad to help. Usually a missing requirement is the cause and I recommend confirming the complete troubleshooting instructions at Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the checklist. It seems with the latest update I had to clean out old fitbit bluetooth pairings. After unpairing with my charge 2 it seems to work again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again. The Charge 3 has stopped syncing again. I have checked and I have the latest fitbit software, I reinstalled the Fitbit App, I turned off the pairing to my old Charge 2 and the Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S9 - not new - it used to work with this fitbit Charge 3 for almost a year before the syncing problems started a few weeks ago) has all the permissions it needs. I have rebooted both the charge 3 and the Android app but nothing works except rebooting the Android phone. I have to reboot the phone every time I want to sync. What is the problem and how do I get this fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with my. Charge 3. Tried everything so . I unpaired it and now it won't pair up again just says sorry taking longer than expected then try again. I have switched Bluetooth off and on rebooted phone and device tried numerous times still the same. Very frustrating 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @Turbopie. It's nice to see you around, @BeenaJoy.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists after following the troubleshooting instructions. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts and the additional details. If the issue persists, you can try erasing the data from your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I erase my Fitbit device? Please note that you will need to reinstall any apps on your device after, and if you couldn’t sync the device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liliya, I erased data from my device as I was being confronted with exactly the same issue as @BeenaJoy I worked yet I do feel disappointed that it took so long to find the solution. The last sync on my charge 3 dates from beginning of October. I was getting close to considering looking for an alternative. Luckily you provided an answer, finally. Hope future updates won't cause that much trouble. 

Best Answer

Hi @Negruj, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums.

I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the syncing issue with your Charge 3 after following the steps to erase the data. Thank you for sharing your experience, I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience without any issues. 

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics. 

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes