Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not tracking my sleep accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For a long time, my Charge 3's tracking seemed incredibly accurate. The amount of sleep reported usually reflected how rested I felt, and the amount of loner times awake also reflected my memories of waking up. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I always do (within a minute or two of waking) is check the time, and when I later looked at the FitBit sleep log, it ALWAYS said I woke up within a few minutes of the time I remember seeing when I woke and checked my phone.

The past few days, it has suddenly gotten worse. It looks normal if I don't reflect on my actual experiences sleeping, but it does not match up with what I experience. One morning where I VERY assuredly woke at 8:51 and had been asleep (dreaming) until then, the Fitbit recorded me as fully awake between 8:20 and 8:51. Another night, it recorded me as asleep for a time period where I was actively sitting up in bed, staring at my phone screen in the morning, so I know for certain that I was awake at that time.

I found out about the sleep sensitivity setting, but mine is set on normal and I don't want it to be more sensitive because the FitBit is inaccurately recording me as asleep when I'm awake AND awake when I'm asleep. The only changes that I can think of this past week are (a) I've been wearing my Fitbit more during the day (I usually only wear it at night) and (b) I've been waking up feeling extremely tired and unrested the past week for some reason. Any suggestions? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @Geedlet.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for the information provided.

In this case, I would recommend restarting your Tracker by following these instructions.

If necessary, you can edit your sleep records. For instructions, please visit this article and open the menu "How do I edit my sleep history in the Fitbit app?".

In addition you can follow the tips in this article in the menu "What are some tips for getting a good night’s sleep?".

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes