Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen is blank

My fit bit has not been used for a couple of years, but always kept in a jewellery box in my bedside. i am wanting to use it again, it will charge, vibrate and sync with my phone - so i can see how many steps ive taken and how much charge is on the fitbit etc. but the screen of the fitbit is black. i even just successfully updated the fitbit but the screen remains black?! 

Any idea how i can fix this? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, @soph27ie. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3' screen remains blank even when it's syncing and charging fine. I will do my best to help you with this. 

Please restart your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response! Restarting doesnt work, and changing the clock face doesnt work either, it says it changes in the app, but nothing changes 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also running into this issue. Charge 3 screen is blank, however it is responding to charging and vibrating for notifications. Tried resetting and changing clock face - still have a blank screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with mine

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem as the others. My Fitbit Charge 3 screen remains blank after an attempt at a reset and also after an attempt to change the clock face as per above. The device vibrates when connected and also connects to the iPhone app via Bluetooth - it remains stubbornly blank. What is the solution please?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have u found a way to fix it I’m having the same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not completely blank all the time (did the same thing, didn't use it for a year) but is mostly unreadable - the center of the display is blank. Can read around the edges. Mostly just let it monitor, read info on the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you any further advice on this issue as none of the ‘fixes’ are working and lots of people seem to have the same issues but with no one being able to assist. Please respond. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue with my charge 4 although I’ve been using it continually since purchased . It’s not totally black all the time but is getting dimmer by the day - is this what is called built in obsolescence? Only usable for a set amount of time!

Best Answer
0 Votes