Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven't used my Charge 3 all summer. I charged it up but it won't come in now. I get the smiley, but that's it. I tried resetting it and it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Lb1956

Thank you for the details shared on your post and for the troubleshooting tried prior posting. If you've tried to restart your Charge 3 and the inconvenience has persisted, I'd recommend trying to perform a long restart. A long restart is different than the basic one and you can complete it by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Lb1956

Thank you for the details shared on your post and for the troubleshooting tried prior posting. If you've tried to restart your Charge 3 and the inconvenience has persisted, I'd recommend trying to perform a long restart. A long restart is different than the basic one and you can complete it by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! That worked. 

Best Answer

@Lb1956 Thanks for responding. 

I appreciate for letting me know that the inconvenience has been resolved. I appreciate all your efforts to fix the difficulties experienced.

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 3 won't turn on either...just happened yesterday. I have tried every suggestion found on this site...help please!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome! It's great to see you around @Megdawe.

Thanks for the details shared on your post and for the troubleshooting tried prior posting.

Since the inconvenience has persisted, my best recommendation is contact our Support Team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. Make sure to mention the steps you've followed, so they can help you from there. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes